Chapter 15 - Wanna go to my place?

I go to work right after having my breakfast. It was served by the hotel and didn't really go well with my tummy and now I kinda feel sick.

"Good morning!" I turned around as I heard his voice. "Coffee?"

He greeted me with a good morning smile that's brighter than the sun today. He then handed me a coffee in a styro cup. I grabbed it and felt its warmth as  it travels through every nerve in my body.

"Thanks."

"So are you prepared for today?" he asked as if he don't know me at all.

"Of course. Always."

We then started filming in this small studio lot that's filled with lights that burn my skin and cameras that are all pointing at me. We are just here for a week and we'll move to a different location after we finished filming all of the scenes that will be needing a green screen.

The scenes go smoothly as Erin, my daughter in this movie, is just so good. Working with kids on set is just my favorite thing ever. I remember, when I was working with Alexandra & Cole in Friends.

We pack up and ready to head home. Tomorrow we'll still be facing a very long day.

"I'll cook dinner."

"What?" I said, waiting for him to repeat what he said.

"Why don't you go to my place tonight since you're just alone. I'll cook dinner!" he said, politely fixing his things and putting loads of paper inside his bag.

"Oh no, it's alright. I'll just order a room service." I humbly said.

"Do you really want to? I know the food was horrible." I remembered the breakfast I ate this morning and how I still feel so sick right now.

I take a deep breath. "Okay then! You got me."

We drove to his penthouse and greeted by the bellboy outside the building entrance.

"You're home early sir." he said, wearing this nice white long sleeves with the logo of the agency he's working for, as he opened the door for us. Is it still early? It's past seven.

We rode the elevator to reach his place. We were the only one inside and nobody said a word. His penthouse is in the 32nd so I guess this will be a very long journey.

"So. how was it today?" he asked. Thank god, I thought, as he finally break the ice.

"Great. It was fun! And Erin, oh god, if I could just take that girl with me and move to China."

"She's just really adorable huh?" he said, with this big goofy smile on his face.

"Yeah."

The elevator opens and on the wall hanging an abstract painting of a number 32. So I guess we're here. I followed Brad as he stepped out of the elevator. He looked for his key from his jacket's pocket. When he finally found it chained in a can opener keychain he then put it in, turn and open the door.

"Ladies first." He gestured his hand for me to go in.

The lights are all closed but you can still see the silhoutte of the whole room as it is filled with glass windows that overviews the city. He picked up the remote control and click it. The fireplace starts to create heat. I guess that's what it is for.

I removed my coat when I realized I still have it on. He then offered his hands and take my coat from me and hang it in the coat closet. 

"Have a seat." he pointed into this long red velvet sofa. I walked my way into the sofa and I see the photos that are displayed in a table beside it. The frames are filled with photos of Brad and his kids, Brad and Angelina and there's one that has all of them in it. So this is really their place.

"What do you want to have?" he asked, opening the fridge and looking for something to cook.

"Anything, as long as it's delicious. And oh, fast! I'm already starving." I said, feeling all of my pets in my stomach already growling out of hunger.

I grabbed the Vogue magazine that's been lying aroung the coffee table. It's been under a lot of lego blocks. He started frying something and just by the smell of it, I know it's delicious. Oooh, butter!

After just a few minutes, he started opening the cupboards and taking out some plates.

"You can help me serve, if you just want to." he said, pouring a soup into a bowl.

"Of course." I stood up and went to the kitchen.

I grabbed the plates and placed it to the small breakfast table. I got conscious about moving all around the place knowing that this is their place. And imagining Angelina cooking here and stuffs just make it even worse.

"Should I take a wine out or?" he asked. 

"Yeah. Sure!" I said. It would really help especially we had a pretty much rough day.

When the dinner was already served, we both sat down and started eating.

"So how was it?" he said, when he saw me grab a first bite.

"Eh, I don't know if it's delicious or I'm just hungry." I said. trying to be serious.

"Oh you're a mean lady!" he grabbed his wine glass and sip a little.

"I'm just kidding!" I said, laughing. "You know I love it when you cook!"

"Do you?" he asked, raising his brows as if I'm lying with what I just said.

"Yes, of course! You were like the best chef I've ever had. " I said, looking at him. "Before."

"Before?" he asked, confused. 

"Yeah, because I found a younger chef now who serves a much better meatballs." I said, smiling with my eyes and biting my spoon. Then he started laughing. I felt the butterflies in my stomach started to ransack all of the foods I've taken in.

"That's alright. I found a much better and younger chef than you too who serves much delicious spaghetti!" he teasingly said, and we both laugh. I like that we can joke about it and be humourous about all of this stuff and be not awkward at all.

"But is she good in making guacamole?"

"Thousand times much better!"

"Nooo. You're lying! You know nobody beats my guacamole."