Chapter Seventeen Blood Link

“I broke up with Darius,” Beth announced Tuesday at lunch. I almost spit out my soda and Ayden raised an eyebrow.

“Really… I mean why?” I asked and she smiled.

“I have my sights on someone new now, who I been spending more time with,” she said a twinkle in her eyes.

“Who is that?” I asked. I was shocked. I kept eating my lunch though waiting for her to talk. Ayden was sitting next to me playing with my hair and not eating as usual.

I had been preoccupied today because tonight Ayden would have to start feeding from me and I wasn’t quite sure how I felt about that yet.

“It’s Josh,” she said giggling. Both Ayden and I looked at her shocked with that answer.

“He is always talking to me and was concerned because he didn’t quite trust Darius coming around so we got to hanging out,” Beth sounded happy and soft.

“Does Josh even know yet? How does he feel?” I was full of questions.

“No I haven’t talked to him about it yet. I am not 100% sure but I do think he has grown feelings for me. I am glad he started hanging out with all of us,” she said thoughtfully, she really liked him. I smiled I hoped it worked out for them. They would make a great couple.

“I’m happy for you Beth, I think you and Josh would be great for each other,” I said sincerely and she beamed happily. I looked at Ayden and smiled, I was glad Darius wouldn’t be messing with her anymore. Ayden smiled back at me.

We finished lunch and made our way to P.E. class. We were just walking around the field today for P.E. or jogging. I decided to do a little jogging once I changed into my gym clothes we were to go out to the field. Beth walked she was lazy, Ayden hadn’t came out yet. So I started to jog slowly and got lost in my thoughts and away from other students.

I wondered what it would feel like to have a vampire drink from you. There were plenty of versions and ideas floating around in the books but it seemed to me to be the most basic thing for them so it couldn’t be that much different in reality. I assumed he could make it painless as he said so, but I wondered if he could make it pleasurable to. It would be an interesting and intimate, weird experience.

OOF! I stumbled forward as Ayden came rushing up behind me and grabbed me around the waist a little too briskly. He caught me before I fell over.

“Jeez Ayden,” I said.

“I’m sorry love, I misjudged your momentum,” he said smiling.

“Did you do your blur speed thing?” he laughed at the question.

“Is that what you call it, yes I did, humans notice so little, no offense,” he replied amused.

“Wow, what has gotten you in such good spirits,” he smiled.

“Well you have only drank my blood and a small amount to heal your injuries,” he playfully ran blurry circles around me as I jogged, showing off.

“Show off,” I called. The field was a big two mile rectangle so all the students were pretty well spread out. There was no one near us if they saw anything we both would be blurry. I doubt anyone would notice especially if they weren’t looking for it. He came to a stop with a dazzling smile.

“Plus all vampires get amped up with an impending feed,” he said playfully.

“How much will you have to take? Doesn’t the human body only have like 5-8 liters of blood?” I talked slightly out of breath as I continued to jog.