nineteen

richie missed eddie. it had been a few days since they've talked. the others missed him as well - a lot. the losers club wasn't the same without him.

it was three in the afternoon and they were hanging out at the quarry.

"i miss eddie." ben said; to no one in particular.

"yeah," mike agreed. "me too."

"hey richie," bev called. "when will we see him again?"

richie looked at beverly and shrugged. none of them knew when eddie would be back. tears filled their eyes and they quickly wiped it with the back of their hand.

"maybe we should check on him?" stan suggested.

"i d-don't re-really kn-know a-ab-bout th-that," bill replied. "i-i me-mean, h-his m-m-mom is r-really st-strict. i d-doubt she'll l-let us s-see e-e-eddie."

"there's nothing wrong with trying," richie said. "if we really want to see him, there's got to be a way."

they nodded to each other and stood up. once they got to their bikes, they rode it as quickly as they could and headed to eddie's house.

~

knock! knock!

the door opened. instead of eddie greeting them, they saw sonia looking like she was infuriated.

"hey mrs. k!" richie greeted. "can we please see eddie?"

all of them smiled at eddie's mother innocently.

"i'm sorry, but edd-" sonia was cut off by eddie running down the stairs.

she cursed under her breath while eddie stood at the back; frozen. he was shocked and happy at the same time.

"come in." sonia scowled. it was clear that she was annoyed at them.

eddie and the rest of the losers club ran upstairs to eddie's room. when they got there, eddie quickly locked the door and hugged all of his friends.

"oh my gosh!" beverly screamed joyfully. "you have no idea how much we missed you!"

bev hugged the tiny boy so hard she managed to lift him off the ground.

"okay," eddie giggled. "i missed you guys a lot as well."

he was suddenly engulfed in a massive group hug. gosh, he loved them so much.

when they were done hugging eddie, richie went towards him and hugged him again.

eddie nuzzled his head in the crook of richie's neck while richie placed his head on top of the tiny boy's head.

"i missed you." richie whispered to eddie.

"i missed you too." eddie replied.

the room was suddenly filled with aww's.

"as much as we love reddie," mike said. "we still need to know what happened to you."

richie and eddie let go of each other - but they still held each others' hand.

"i fainted." eddie explained. "mommy gave me these pills to apparently 'un-gay' me."

"pills can't un-gay you!" stan exclaimed.

they shushed him.

"sorry." stan muttered.

"anyway, the pills mommy gave me makes me feel weird." eddie continued. "i started coughing blood yesterday. but i guess it's just a side e-"

"that's not normal!" it was ben's turn to shout.

"you need to stop taking them eddie," mike said. "we don't want you to die."

"i'm not going to die. it's normal - don't worry." eddie reassured.

"c-can't y-y-you j-just fl-flush o-one e-e-everyday?" bill asked.

"i haven't thought of that yet - but i'll try."

after their 'pills conversation', they moved on to another topic. they were all happy for the first time after a few days. but little did they know, that everything would turn to a disaster again; because sonia was behind the door listening to every word they were saying.

***
HEy. first of all, i'm sorry for not updating for a few days. i've been reading 'the long walk' by stephen king and now i just finished it. IT WAS SO GOOD LEMME JUST TELL U THAT. i'm reading mr. mercedes atm aNd sO fAr iT's gReAt. hope ur having a great day!

trec 🌈