Crossing Paths

Crossing Paths

APOV:

And time is just what we got. Bella slept soundly in my arms until late morning, barely moving other than the occasional stirring in her sleep. None of my other family members ventured into our sanctuary, knowing full well that they would have to face the Wrath-of-Alice if they woke Bella up from her sleep. I'm certain that Jasper explained our conversation to them in as much detail as necessary, reassuring them that I did, indeed, know the complications that would come with loving a human. And oh, how I knew them.

The whole vampire and human combination was the most definite issue that fell between us. With Bella being the prey and I being the hunter, only problems would arise. But I've found that it gets easier the longer that I'm around her.

The next issue also stems from the vampire/human combination. Because vampires are practically immortal, I would inevitably live much longer than my Bella. Though, that issue could be easily removed with a simple bite, simple being the compromising word. A much-needed conversation would have to be had between Bella and I in the future concerning that subject.

I sighed to myself as I waited for Bella to wake. The sleeping beauty in front of me had no idea of all the issues that would come of us being together. And even though those problems would come, I wouldn't have it any other way. I found that I couldn't live without seeing Bella many, many years ago, with only the promise of seeing her again keeping me from taking her away with me when I first saw her. Bella still had to make the decision to stay with me, though. As of now, I still saw her as a vampire in my visions... and I didn't know how I felt about having her humanity taken from her.

Bella began to stir in my arms as more sunlight slipped into the room. She turned lazily in my arms, facing me with a tired smile on her lips. "Good morning," she whispered out in a sleep-induced haze. I smiled at her before leaning in and kissing her forehead.

"Good morning, Bella. Did you sleep well?" I asked after leaning back again to look at her.

"I did." She smiled before continuing. "That was actually probably the deepest sleep I've had in a really long time." She curled further into me, resting her head against my chest before mumbling out, "You're comfortable."

I laughed at her blatant honesty that had obviously not worn off from the night before. "I honestly don't see how a freezing statue can be comfortable, Bella." I chuckled again at her adorable antics as she tried to burrow deeper into my arms.

"Well, I say you are, and you are," she grumbled out before leaning her head back to stick her tongue out at me.

"Because whatever you say goes, right?" She nodded as if that was definitely how the world worked.

"Of course it does. You should know that by now, Alice," she explained as she stretched. I hadn't let go of her, and she didn't seem to mind as she relaxed again against me. "So, what's on the agenda for today? Any more family I need to meet?" She didn't seem all that eager to move as a small pout formed on her lips.

"No, Bella. You've met all of my family already. But, I do need to bring you back home, at least for a little while. I'm going to need to go out for a little while this afternoon to take care of some things. I'll be back tonight if you'd like to do something, though." I tried to allude to my need to hunt without telling her straight out. She nodded in understanding, obviously knowing what I was trying to say.

Sitting up and releasing herself from my grasp, Bella grumbled out, "Well, I guess that's alright. I'm just going to have a boring day at home. All by myself." She tried to play the pity card, but the smile forming at the corner of her lips betrayed her.