Whirlwind

Whirlwind

Third Person POV:

Watching and waiting. Watching and waiting.

It seemed to be all the ancient vampire did these days.

Coyle waited to be updated on what was happening down below while watching from afar. It wasn't an exciting existence, but it would do for now. He had to wait until the precise moment to strike. And strike he would.

"Bella's been moved into the Cullen home, sir," the young vampire said. It was lucky that the elder vampire had come across such a talented young lad, even if he was a human when he found him. The boy had grown on him in the time they had been together, becoming more and more useful, even if he had to manipulate the truth to get the young boy to trust him.

After all, he had been the one that isolated young Isabella from anyone she knew all those years ago. It had been a fun game for him, but he hadn't expected any survivors to last this long. And then the chivalrous Ryan came along and saved young Isabella from falling into the pit of despair that Coyle had expected. But that just wouldn't do for the ancient vampire. What he wanted always came to fruition in the end, even if he had to take a more roundabout way to get there.

And that is how his companion, Ryan Daniel Striker, came to be a vampire.

Coyle found the boy drunk one night after he had spent some time with Isabella. And, much to the ancient's surprise, the girl's savior had fallen in love with her. What a twist in the story. But he was already in his twenties, and humans did have a tendency to dote over such differences in age. So Coyle offered the boy a chance to win over the young Isabella. Make him immortal and freeze him at his present age, waiting for the girl to come of age and he could woo her. Little did he know, that chance would never really come for the love struck fool.

There were never any survivors after one of Coyle's games. And this Isabella was becoming a problem, what with her new vampire guards whom never seemed to leave her side. And with this new development, it would become increasingly hard to get Isabella away from her protector.

"The small one, the vampire that seems to have infatuated your young Bella, tell me about her," Coyle said smoothly after the long silence. Surprised by the request, Ryan stood motionless for a moment.

"Her name is Mary-Alice Cullen, and she is a seer, sir. She has convinced Bella that they are soul mates." Coyle chuckled at this, turning finally to face his young protégé.

"Oh, that won't do, will it Ryan? We must get this Mary-Alice away from Bella with enough time for you to convince her otherwise. That may be the opportune moment to do away with your illusion and show her your true self. It has done us well so far, but I don't believe you'll be able to gain the girl's trust unless she sees who you actually are, don't you agree?" Ryan nodded in agreement, letting his allusion slowly drift away to reveal the red-eyed vampire, which so looked like the human Ryan, that lay beneath.

"Why don't we start by getting their attention?" Coyle said as he watched Ryan become someone new.

Bella POV:

It is quite possible that one of my new favorite things to do is hop on my bike and take a ride with Alice.

Unfortunately, that isn't possible when Alice leaves to hunt.

"Ugh," I moaned out again as I sprawled out on the couch, bored out of my mind.

"Bella, dear, why don't you do something to make the time pass faster while Alice is away? Perhaps watch a movie?" Esme asked as she came out of the kitchen. Esme is the nicest person anyone could ever meet, and I would have loved to appease her. Unfortunately, I had tried to distract myself multiple times already and couldn't think of anything that would actually distract me enough to get time to pass any quicker for me.