Thrown Into Action

Thrown Into Action

All thoughts having to do with my transformation disappeared from our minds, as we stood frozen on the spot. It took what seemed like hours before Carlisle finally sprung into motion.

"Everyone, into my office. Now," he spoke calmly, the only indication of his worry being the crease in his brow. "Alice, where is Jasper?"

"I... I don't..." Alice seemed unable to complete her thought as she stared straight ahead of her, trying to get another vision.

"He went hunting. He said that he wanted to go up to the mountains and get away for a few hours," Rosalie explained as she walked into the room, moving to hug Alice.

Seeing Rosalie comforting Alice finally drew me out of my shock and I stood, walking over to the two. Without so much as looking at me, Alice took my hand in hers and drew me closer to her side. Rosalie didn't seem to mind, and pulled us both to her.

Carlisle nodded at Rosalie's revelation as he watched his wife walk to him.

"It'll be okay," I heard him whisper to her before he spoke to everyone in the room. "We need to get moving. Emmett, go get your jeep and pull it out front. Esme, I want you to stay here just in case he manages to get home. Alice and Rosalie, you'll ride with Emmett while Edward and I run ahead." He moved over to Edward and knelt down next to him. "Edward, I know this is hard for you, but I need you to get up and come with me. For Jasper."

Edward looked up and nodded slowly before standing and exiting the room. Carlisle watched as his son left before turning to face those of us who were left in the room.

He looked straight as Esme with a soft smile on his face.

"It'll be okay," he said before exiting the room and going after Edward.

Rosalie left after him, followed by Esme, giving Alice and I a moment alone.

"Can I-" I didn't get to finish my question.

"No. Absolutely not. This is way too dangerous for you to be coming along with us. Please, just stay here with Esme and wait for us to get back. We won't be too long."

I looked down and stared at the floor, pouting to myself. Alice grasped my chin and made me look at her.

"I promise we'll be okay. Don't worry. We'll be back before you know it," she comforted with a soft smile. I still didn't want to let her go, but I knew that I would have to. With a reluctant sigh, I let Alice's hand go and moved away from her.

"Go. Be safe."

Alice smiled at me before giving me a swift kiss and leaving the room at vampire speed.

I moved to look out the window and watched as Emmett's jeep disappeared from view.

Not knowing what else to do, I went to Alice's and my room and lay down on the bed, inhaling her scent.

APOV:

By the time I got out of the house, Rosalie and Emmett were already waiting in the Jeep that Emmett had pulled out of the garage. I jumped in the back seat and Emmett took off, not wasting any time.

"Edward and Carlisle?" I asked, knowing that Rose and Emmet would know what I was asking.

"They're already on their way there. Edward saw where Jasper was in your mind, so he'll be able to lead them there directly. I'm guessing that Carlisle wanted us to take the Jeep to drive Jasper back if he's in really bad shape," Rosalie answered, staring out the passenger side window as Emmett sped ahead.