Chapter 6: Conformation

Adjusting the strap of your bag on your shoulder, you yawned tiredly as you walked through Jump City, groggily. You cursed yourself for getting up this morning and so early! But, you didn't like being caught sleeping in an alleyway especially, when you had already been attacked twice since you got here. You had a sports magazine in your hand and you been skimming through for the last hour. You didn't get why you took it with you, you'd never been one to look at sports, if someone asked you a question about a sports team you'd doubt you could give a straight answer.

       You walked past the small convenience store at the he  ornery before you slowed down slightly as you look at the building you were walking up too.

     It was that bank. The same bank Gizmo was robbing just the other day, construction workers flooded the torn apart building carrying tool boxes and hammers with a pouch of big or small nails. Your eye's looked over the destroyed building, the windows were broken and shatter pieces of glass were strewn about on the pavement and the tiles of the bank. The wall were ripe open despite being made of mostly brick and plaster, wooden debris from the roof was hanging on the ceiling close to falling onto the second or first floor. The door to the once prestigious bank was ripped off its hinges and lying in splinters on top of the truck outside of the bank.

      It was still a shock to you that such a small teen could do such damage, you guessed it was probably family issues that brought him into a life of crime. But, at the same time he seemed terribly intent on his own little hobby of stealing and robbing from this little City.

   Your gaze drops after a few seconds and your lips form a thin line as you see the rather big scorch marks across the pavement, floorboards covered in ash and the sparking telephone pole just next to the bank. It used to be broken...

    You sighed heavily putting a hand to your head, you were alittle reckless during your fight with Gizmo and you hadn't realized that you could've but so many people in danger just becuase of a simple misstep.

     "You were great that day, ya know".

   A surprised yelp escaped your lungs as you whipped around backing up before letting out a breath "Gosh! Don't do that! You nearly gave me a heart attack!" You said with a hand on your chest as you panted softly to calm your erratically beating heart.

   The dark-skinned half robot chuckled at your reaction before apologizing "Sorry, little lady. I guess I don't know my own stealth." Cyborg said a goofy smile plastered on his face making you roll your eye's.

     "You caught me off guard. I just don't like surprises, so next time try to keep your stealth at a minimum," you stated before brushing past him and heading down the road. You didn't have to turn to realize he was following you, especially since his rather loud stomps would alert you.

   "So, where you going?" He asked from behind you, he caught up quickly with your stride and came up beside you.

    "Nowhere" you answered simply your gaze on the road ahead as people passed by glancing and murmuring at the conversation you both seemed to be having. Didn't these people have something better to do other than oogling two teenagers (superhuman teenagers).

    He came up in front of you suddenly facing you as he began walking backwards "what a coincidence! I was just heading that way myself." He joked lamely making you give him a look before you crossed your arm's and stopped in your tracks.

    "Ok. What do you want?" You demanded from him.

    He stopped as well and grinned awkwardly before rubbing the back of his head as if he were nervous "I just wanted to hang out, ya know. Bonding time. Pizza Friday. Chill. Maybe even invite you to the tower and...play some video games" he responded his awkward smile displayed on his face as he looked at you as if hopeful.