Chapter 9: Team

"Surprise!"

   The elevator doors opened, light floods into the small space. You blink repetitively as the light hits your face, it was surprising that it was already morning.

   As your vision clears, Your eye's catch the other Titan's standing at the other side of the doors with wide smiles, except a more mellow faced female floating only a few inches off the ground, her lips were upturned in the slightest, almost as a comforting gesture but, it was enough to make you grin from ear to ear.

   Off to the side, you could hear a soft click but, it still made you turn sharply as you came face to face with a hand held party cannon. The boy, who seemed only a year or so younger, held the weapon just mere feet from the elevator doors, his green skin only made his growing smirk even more noticeably vibrant. He held it up, the edge catching the light and it magnified onto the elevator doors.

   The others almost seemed to busy to notice the Titan preparing his own little celebratory technique, too busy on coaxing the both of you out of the elevator.

  Time seemed to go slow as you tensed visibly at the sight of the cannon but, you could feel your shoulder's relax as you find cleanly cut pieces of colorful plastic falling off the tip of the open edge. He seemed to laugh to himself as if he had yet to be caught before he placed a finger on the trigger, ready to fire away.

  However, the boys eyes met yours just before he pulls the trigger and he freezes as you glanced upwards to stare him in the face. His grin fades and his mouth is gaping widely with surprise and horror at being caught just before his innocent prank took form. The Titan's, noticing your attention being diverted, turned towards Beastboy, their teammate, before frowning with annoyed looks.

Beastboy chuckles awkwardly before putting the cannon behind his back, "Uh...Surprise?" He closes his eye's as he rubs the back of his head in slight embarrassment.

But, just as Beastboy's party cannon touches the ground behind him, it goes off, making a loud popping noise that frightens the green skinned boy considerably as the confetti shoots into the air in massive amounts.

Beastboy jumps away from the cannon in surprise, spinning around to look at it with a confused expression. "Woah! Dude, I swear it wasn't on purpose!" Then, another blast goes off and confetti is shooting into his face, the impact causes him to drop backwards onto his back.

You wince before you and Cyborg both step out of the elevator as the confetti blaster calms and only the colorful plastic pieces are left raining down around the room. Cyborg walks ahead to lift Beastboy by the back of his collar, the boy gets up dazed with a hint of drool running down the corner of his lips.

"Seriously, you had to try it out today? Of all days?" Cyborg started, glaring at the green shapeshifter. "I told you it wasn't ready, and it's not meant to be used for things like confetti!"

Beastboy shakes off the confetti pieces from his hair. "Hey, it was the perfect time!" He points at you, "It's not like we get actual company everyday! Let alone a new Teen Titan!"

Then, Raven, who slaps Beastboy in the back of the head, glides over, ignoring the yelp from Beastboy. "Why don't you think next time? Now, isn't the time to be experimenting on your toys, Beastboy." She interjects, a slight glare directed at Beastboy.

Cyborg pouts. "It's not a toy," he then sternly looks to the green boy. "He just uses it like one."

Robin shakes his head before directing his attention to you. "Uh, sorry about that, we wanted to keep the surprise simple, but that usually doesn't work out," he then extends his hand, a comforting grin on his face. "I'm Robin, I'm glad you decided to become one of us."

You looked down at his hand before smiling gently and taking it in your own, "I'm (y/n), and I'm actually still pretty nervous, but I going to do my best in becoming apart of your team."

Robin nods, grateful for the honesty. He tenses up when the team crowds in, confused when the rest of the team squeezes in around him, aching for the new attention. "Yo, don't sweat it! This is your team now too! By the way, I'm Beastboy, but people call me the king of Monkey clockwork! The most awesome game of the year!" Beastboy gloats on, you giggle as he stands over the rest of the titans, using Cyborgs metal body as a stool. Everyone looks annoyed, except you.

Cyborg flicks the shorter green boy off his shoulder, causing him to fall backwards with a short scream, morphing into a green monkey. "Cut it out!" He growls at the silly titan, before looking back at you and grinning. "But, he is right. Not about him being king of Clockwork, but this Team..." the titans smile widely at you, almost like a family photo. "It's yours now."

Starfire squeals and takes Raven by the shoulders, shaking her in her excitement. "Oh! I'm so the excited! Another girl!" She soars over towards you and hugs you, wrapping her arms around you, squeezing hard and you wheeze. Your ribs feel like their grinding against each other, you keep forgetting that Starfire is also a superhuman alien. Or was it Super alien?

"Happy....happy to be h-here," you choke out, forcing a smile over your gasps for breath, before she let's go and you straighten out your bent back. Her smile never wavers and she floats next to you as Raven stares you down for a moment, everyone looking at her now.

Approval. That's what you were waiting for from her. That's what everyone was waiting for. Her cloak drifts off the ground and she nods at you, a small, almost unnoticeable smile of her lips, "As long as you don't disturb my mediation, you seem tolerable compared to..." She's interrupted by Beastboy tripping in front of her, landing on his chin as he transforms back into his normal self. "...everyone else." She finishes glancing down at Beastboy to look back up at you.

You smile widely, before looking between everyone and clasping your hands together. "I've never been apart of anything before..." although that used to sadden you beyond belief, you couldn't help but grin wider, your eye's burning, "I swear, I'll earn my place as a Titan! I won't let you down!"

Cyborg looks at you, his eyes never leaving you as he grin's proudly, he feels warm and he wants to spin you around in his arm's knowing you'll be apart of the family that they've built. He knows you'll do great. He can't wait to be apart of your life as a Teen Titan, he hopes he can develop your relationship with him even further, maybe into something more.

"We know you won't."

Cyborg and Beastboy comes next to you, wrapping an arm around your neck, "Let's go celebrate the new Teen Titan!" Cyborg announces and the rest cheers and everyone knows exactly what they want. Pizza, of course.

"Shotgun!" Beastboy.

"Oh no, you don't! You're not getting a scratch on my baby!" Cyborg.

Starfire glides forwards, taking your arm in hers and leads you over to the elevator, Beastboy leaping forwards to follow, "My favorite toppings are marshmallows, sprinkles, anchovies, pepperoni, pickles..." Your eye's go wide and the alien princess names every topping she loves on just one slice of pizza. You laugh slightly and you glance over at Cyborg who nods towards you from the other side of the elevator, you smile at him, you could get used to having a family like this.