Chapter 8: Nervous

You exit the car as the T-Car pulls up into the huge garage, although it looked more like a repair shop. You closed the door behind you, leaning against it as you looked around the large room. Tools, metal bars, and Spare car parts lay scattered around the room, so far it was empty besides the equipment, you, Cyborg and the T-Car.

    Cyborg walks around the car with a large grin as he surveys the garage, "Yep! This is where I spend most of my spare time, Obviously. BB and I usually score a few parts at the auto shop down the road. It helps us repair the artillery and--" he pauses making you look at him in confusion.

    His face then goes red as he sprints over to the other side of the room, his hands roam the space between the wall and the door. He was panicking obviously and you giggled as he began to search the room as if for clues, he crammed his body in between a small space in the wall and a ship prototype. His head popping out at random places, looking at both sides before groaning out in frustration.

    Your eyes widen before you tilt your head in slight confusion. How'd he do that?

    He then climbs back out from the aircraft and dashed across the room. He fell into a space between the few rows of unfinished technology, knocking over a few items. It's was actually pretty funny to see Cyborg freak out, he was usually so collected.

    "Where is it? Where is it?!" He asked himself repetitively as he darted all over the room.

    He placed a hand over his chest, panting hard as if he was having a mental breakdown then he stopped and came to a conclusion as he went red in the face again. "Beastboy..." he grumbled out before grinding his teeth together. You sighed before walking over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder, he seemed to calm instantly before turning your way.

    He then chuckles nervously and rubs the back of his head. "Sorry. I was just...working on something earlier. Thought it would be something you would've liked to see." He explained with a nervous shrug as his eye's continued to search the room desperately.

     You giggled. "Well, whatever it is, I know I'll love it."

    He seemed to relax at that making you grin widely before placing a hand on his cybernetic chest, "You're..." you stopped, your smile fading as you tilted your head in confusion and slight worry. Your (e/c) eye's now glued to his metal chest.

    You glanced up at Cyborg in curiosity before poking his chest lightly, "You're um...You're turning red, Cy." You said as you took a step back, his normal blue was becoming a fading pink. The blue remained widely around his body but, the pink and red blemishes were creeping up from his chest to the mechanics on his face.

    He immediately looked down at himself before shouting in alarm making you jump, he then looked up at you and your eye's widened when you saw the human half of his face was becoming rosy as well.

    "Gah! What the--" he stopped himself and chuckled awkwardly trying to cover himself as much as possible before covering his beeping forearm.

    He turned around fully, so his back was to you the moment the scanner on his arm began to speak.

     "Temperature rising. Initializing cool do--" it began but, Cyborg immediately shut the screen down before it could finish as he hissed out "No! No! No!" Repetitively in a hushed whisper.

    You chuckled from behind him making his tense visibly before turning back towards you. He laughed awkwardly trying to seem as calm as possible but, he seemed only more tense. The pink surrounding his chest and face had slowly began to die down and the pink turned to blue around the mechanic half of his face, you stepped toward him.

    You put a hand on the side of his face, he froze instantly. Of course, you didn't notice as you ran your thumb across his cheek. He took a deep breath at your touch and leaned into your palm as you went to his forehead. You pulled away after a few moments looking at him seriously, he kept his mouth closed as his mechanics began to grow pink once more.

   "Can you get a fever?" You asked him. Last time you checked, robots couldn't get sick. But, Cyborg was part human so, did that not apply to him or could he still get sick like everyone else?

   "Uh...I'm uh...I haven't checked."

    "Well, your burning up. I'm surprised you're still standing." You chuckled out.

    "I...get alot of sun." He said. He mentally face palmed, now he just sounded dumb!

     "...ok then."

     He let out a mental sigh of relief before he grinned trying to lighten the mood as he grabbed your hand quickly.

     He tried to think of something else as he held your hand in his own, he wished suddenly that he could feel your skin through his hands. He missed being able to cherish the feeling of skin contact, something he wished he hadn't taken for granted in his former human life.

     "The Team is waiting." He spoke quietly and you turned to him, you sucked in a breath before nodding with a small grin as you both stepped into the elevator of the tower.

     As the elevator began to move, you suddenly felt your breathing slow before you looked down, your fingers tapping your sides nervously. You didn't dare turn to Cyborg, he was so confident about the situation, and you did agree to go with him in the first place. Now you felt like stopping the elevator entirely just so you could save yourself the embarrassment.

     What if they didn't like you? What if you made a fool out of yourself in front of the Titans? What if you hurt someone? What if--?

     A mechanical hand squeezed your right hand comfortingly making you turn your head towards Cyborg with wide eye's. Before you could question him, he grinned widely and said "Don't be nervous. You're gonna be a Titan for a reason."

     You found your fingertips suddenly quite interesting as your gaze flipped to your hands, you hated it when people could see straight through you. But, Cyborg didn't use it against you, not like others would or have. So, you weren't mad at him, you could never be upset with Cyborg, he was only trying to help and you loved that about him.

     You snickered bitterly before looking up at him. "What if I hurt somebody? I still don't have full control, I could get out of hand." You wrapped your arm's around yourself. "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. I--".

     Cyborg took both of your shoulder's as he chuckled at you knowingly before cupping both of your cheeks just like before. "Hey," He began as you avoided his gaze, you looked at him as he inclined your chin to look at him. "We'll help you through thick and thin. We're all a team. To be honest, we're all still going through some things. Alot of things. But--we can't just abandon our teammate becuase their hurting, becuase they seem irreparable. That's not what we do, and I don't think any of us have the stomach to do it.

       "Being a Titan, isn't just about being apart of a team. We're all family. And most of the time, all we've got is eachother." He smiled fondly down at you. "You're only going to add to this family. They're all already dying to meet you in person." He finished with a snort and a chuckle and you breathed a laugh.

     Then, Cyborg let you go as you felt your limbs calm and your breathing regulate. "There she is." He whispered teasingly and you rolled your eye's half heartedly before shoving him.

    As he righted himself, you smiled at him. "Thank you, Cyborg."

    He grinned proudly before shaking his head. "You're our family now. My name is Victor."

   The elevator halted.

    You beamed at him before the doors opened.