Chapter 7: Fast Food

No one's ever made you feel like this. No one you've met has ever treated you like this. You have met a few people but, no one like Cyborg. Well...not in the robotic sense but, his heart and personality was like no one else. He was like a breath of fresh air filling your lungs, you've only just met him and you already felt as if you could tell him my thing without being afraid of even the slightest judgement. The way he smiled at you, the way he looked at you, the way he walked confidently, how he saves innocent lives, the way he talks so enthusiastically about what he does and how much he loves it, and how he hopes I do too.

      You smiled thoughtfully to yourself, looking down at the metal round table my fingers had slowly traced around the edges time and time again, the outside fast food joint was a pizza shack. You looked up towards the small line, a few other people sat around the tables but, none of their eyes met yours. All of them were glued to the line, they watched as Cyborg took a good stack of 3 pizza boxes in his right arm, smiling thankfully towards the cashier who gave it on the house. Cyborg slipped a few dollars onto the counter any way, the female cashier put her elbow onto the counter watching as Cyborg strode away with her hand on her chin.

     "Alright!" Cyborg shouted as he slammed down the box of pizza, you giggled at his outburst before he continued when he plopped down into a seat, "Ready to dig in little lady?" He asked, the pizza box already opened and ready to be devoured.

   Now that you looked at him carefully, you could see the challenging nature in his eye's, a gloating mischievousness about his smile making you grin his way, "I once consumed an entire buffet on mill berry lane, in Texas." You replied bluntly, you took a slice from the box taking advantage of his gaping mouth.

     As you took a bite, you couldn't help but choke and laugh whole heartedly throwing your head back, "I just saw your gloating look, you started this!" You said and his mouth closed and he chuckled before leaning over to take two slices from the box.

     People were staring.

      "Well, little lady, I once ate an entire years supply of sushi. With Wasabi. In less than a day. It took me half an hour to be exact." He gloated smugly before shoving both slices into his open mouth and swallowing whole.

    "That's nothing, big man," You took two bites and the slice was gone, already reaching for two more you continued, "But, I can't say I've done it before, so you obviously won that one," you giggled at the end of your sentence, mid-bite.

    Cyborg laughed and so did you.

    Suddenly, someone slammed down their hand on the metal table, Cyborg and you turned jumping, Cyborg still with two slices between his teeth. Expecting an opponent, You charged your hand under the table, your eye's glowing as you turned along with Cyborg. To your shock, it was a barrage of people crowded around the table, the person who slammed their hand down had a timer in his hand.

     "Ok! Ready...".

   You turned to Cyborg, he glanced from the dude back to you before looking at you fully, he seemed just as confused as you. "What the hell is going on?" You asked him. Just after you asked him, a bundle of pizza boxes were laid on the table. Who was paying for all this?

    You could hardly see Cyborg over the stack of food, you turned your head to look at the ever growing crowd. They watched intently some of them cheering, others shaking their neighbors as if they couldn't believe this was happening. The rest were chanting, "Eating Contest!"

    You sighed putting a hand to your forehead as you realized you'd probably have to choke down all this food to please the people, Cyborg seemed me than ready as he already was opening one box.