002.

CHAPTER TWO
the hottest

CHAPTER TWO— the hottest —

"it's crap, i know." steve looked at his car mirror. he hoped the two girls in his car were going to say "no steve, it's great!" and "wow steve, i'm actually impressed". however, both nancy and amelia read his paper with strong furrowed brows and thought "what the hell is going on?"

although steve specifically asked for his girlfriend's opinion, nancy just had to hear amelia's say in the rather.. unique college entry essay.

"no, it's not crap." nancy uttered. it was obvious she was trying to make him feel better. steve shook his head. "it's not good." he countered.

"it's going to be," amelia squinted her eyes at the paper. "what does that word say?" she pointed at a word. "it's just need some reorganization," nancy went on. she looked down to the paper and read the word amelia was pointing at. "i–.. i don't know."

steve sighed pressingly and pressed his fingers in his eyes. he was stressed. college is stressful and the boy wishes he actually did something to prepare for it. "can i mark on it?" the brunette asked. steve shrugged. "yeah, i guess.."

"so, in the first paragraph, you used the basketball game versus northern–" amelia groaned with a wide grin as she threw herself on the back seat. she clasped her hands together. "best game that i have ever seen played by steve harrington!" she cheered. "colleges should just fight over you for that shit!"

steve smiled widely, and watched as amelia went on about the game. "but then number 21 from north was like 'uh? what are you doing?' and then steve was like 'gonna steal the ball because i can' and then he passed it to joel and then joel passed it back to steve and BOOM!" amelia even exploded in the back seat. "steve made the wining point! and the crowd went wild, like ᵃʰʰʰʰ! ᵃʰʰʰʰ!!"

the boy laughed at amelia's description of the game. he glanced at nancy, who was patiently waiting for him to let her continue with what to fix for the essay. he glared at amelia before clearing his throat and facing nancy. "uh, go on."

"well, you used the basketball game as a metaphor for your life, which is great." amelia agreed in the back with a nod. she pulled herself back behind nancy's seat and watched her mark the paper over her shoulder again. "but then, around here, you started talking about your grandad's experience in the war. and i..." she stammered. "i don't see how they're connected."

"it connects because..." steve shrugged, thinking of why he made the two connect in the first place. however, amelia thought of something. "because they both won." she wore her infamous leisure and easy smile. the smile that she used to say with 'what's a sport?' and 'what's an orgy?'

gosh, those were the days.

steve laughed at her. "do you think i should start from scratch?" he suggested with a faint smile. the two girls looked to each other. "yes–"