end.

❧ end.

゜・。。・゜゜・。。・ .゜

one month later

one month later

"since the release of the incendiary tape, the once quiet town of hawkins, indiana, has spent time in a place it never expected. the national spotlight."

"under mounting pressure, several high–ranking members from the u.s department of energy has admitted involvement in the death and cover–up of hawkins resident barbara holland who died due to exposure to an experimental chemical, asphyxiant. which had leaked from the grounds of the lab."

"we went with our own april kline to hawkins to speak to residents, residents who told us they thought they lived in a safe town. the kind of town where, they say, nothing ever happens."

hopper walked into the bar as he threw his cigarette out. he unzipped his jacket and threw it on a booth, where saw a familiar face. "chief–o." dr. owens greeted with a smile.

"how's the leg?" hopper asked as he took his seat across the doctor.

dr. owens smiled as he pointed to the flexible cast. "better. pretty sure my football career is over—want some of this?" he his pushed his sandwich to the chief. "there is no way that i'm gonna finish it."

"no. i'm, uh, on a diet."

owens grinned widely at that. "which one of them made you go on it?" he asked.

hopper sheepishly looked down to the table, peeling some of the surface off with his nail. "amelia," he muttered.

the doctor chuckled as he looked down to his left. "well, you're a better man than me." he shrugged. "hey, got a little something for you."

dr. owens pulled out two envelopes and slid them across the table. hopper grabbed them and opened them together.

certificate of birth
name: jane hopper
name: amelia hopper

"congratulations, pops."

hopper furrowed his brows and cleared his throat at the doctored certificates. "i thought–"

"sometimes i impress even myself."

hopper slid the two certificates back inside the envelope. "is amelia—" he pulled out her certificate further.

date of birth: august 18, 1967

"don't worry about the law stuff." owens shook his head. "just call me if anything happens."