011.

CHAPTER ELEVEN
parental advice

part of the plan was to lure dart so amelia can kill that son of a bitch so he won't grow into a full demogorgon

the trio started off by walking on the train tracks, throwing raw meat for him to follow to.

"alright, so let me get this straight," steve began. "you kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl.. who you just met?"

"alright, that's grossly oversimplifying things." dustin shyly muttered.

"i mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyways?" steve shrugged as he threw a slab of meat on dustin's side of the track. to get him back, dustin threw one on his.

"an interdimensional slug? because it's pretty awesome." amelia ended up disagreeing with steve. "i don't know, i think it's cool." she stated. "it proves intelligence, which is very important, so good for you, dustin."

"well, even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't," steve added with a glare to amelia. "i just... i don't know, i just feel like you're trying too hard." steve continued.

amelia nodded. "you are, dust. you need to find a girl who will appreciate your slugs," dustin scrunched his face at amelia's wording. "the right girl will like you for being you."

"well, not everyone can have your perfect hair and your perfect smile, alright?" dustin muttered. amelia caught that slipping compliment and actually grinned to herself. she isn't told enough about her smile.

"it's not about the hair, man." steve said. "the key with girls is just..." he looked up to amelia, who was in her own little world, throwing meat and humming a song now. "just acting like you don't care."

the teenage girl stopped walking, making him and dustin stop with her. "aCtInG LiKE yoU dOn'T CArE?" she retorted. "AcTiNg?!"

dustin looked to steve carefully. steve nodded, "yeah, acting like you don't care."

"even if you do?" dustin continued walking. "yeah, exactly, drives them nuts." steve said, looking away from amelia.

"no, it does not!" she scoffed as she angrily threw some meat at steve's feet. steve laughed and held his hands up in defense. "yes, amelia," he nodded. "yes, it does. it just doesn't work on you because you're not a bimbo."