020.

CHAPTER TWENTY
boo-boos & bandaids

after a sharp turn and a drive into a bumpy road, steve's eyes slowly fluttered open

after a sharp turn and a drive into a bumpy road, steve's eyes slowly fluttered open. he heard liquid sloshing. he looked down to the sound, seeing a tank of gasoline and then saw the person holding it. with his blurry vision, he couldn't tell who it was pretty well. "nancy?" he called out. mike looked up to him with furrowed brows.

steve sighed and faced back to the front, then to the right. he saw dustin.

"hey, buddy," the boy greeted. steve looked like he was going to say something, but dustin shushed him. "shh, it's okay. you put up a good fight. he kicked your ass and amelia totally beat the living shit out of him for you, but you put up a fight, okay. you're okay." he explained.

steve groaned and then looked to his other side, seeing amelia yawn. he sighed sweetly as he looked down to his hand, seeing her hold onto it.

"hey!" steve looked up to her. "you're up! that's great!" lia smiled.

he grew a smile too. he squeezed her hand, making her wince lightly. steve furrowed his eyebrows at her, then at her hand. "what happened?" he asked with a slur.

amelia shook her head. "nothing. don't worry about it."

"okay, you're gonna keep straight for half a mile, then make a left on mount sinai." lucas explained, sitting on the passenger seat.

steve faced the front of the car. "what's going on?" he asked. and soon, he saw the familiar red hair on the driver seat.

"oh, my god! amelia!" steve startled himself. he tried sitting up in his seat, but amelia tried calming him down. "just relax," she said. "she's driven before."

"yeah, in a parking lot!" mike argued.

"that counts." lucas stated.

"why aren't you driving?!" steve screamed. amelia blankly blinked her eyes, an expression not really worn. "because max asked.. and she needs to learn."

steve's eyes almost popped out of his face. "AMELIA!"

"steve, remember when you were teaching me how to drive!" the boy stopped shuffling in his seat and froze as amelia spoke. "you said i should practice every chance i get, so max is getting a chance of practice!"

steve slowly looked away from amelia and to max who needed to use a box to reach to the gas and brake pedals. "OH MY GOD!" he shouted before panicking again.