017.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
the avengers

hopper opened the back shed door and looked around with mike

hopper opened the back shed door and looked around with mike. "yeah, this will work." hopper began taking the things in the shed out, emptying it as the others began covering up the walls that will's familiar to.

steve held up the wallpaper as nancy yielded out the tape. "hey," she said to him. steve looked down to her. "what you did um, helping the kids. that was... really cool."

"yeah, those shits are real trouble, you know?" steve stepped up the ladder. nancy chuckled, "believe me, i know."

she looked up to steve and watched as he stapled the wallpaper to the wall.

amelia skipped into the shed with a box of more wallpaper. she smiled kindly at nancy and then stared a little too long at steve.

the noirette left the shed with an impression for nancy. "so you and amelia..." nancy began as she grabbed more wallpaper rolls. "are you guys.." she expected steve to finish her question, but he chose to play dumb.

"i think we're good at taking care of the kids." he told her. he reached for some wallpaper and went back to stapling.

nancy's brows twitched in a furrow, a small chuckle leaving her lips. "right," she nodded shortly. there was a small piece of her that felt guilty.

she expected steve to move on and have amelia to hook up with—well, that's what murray bauman told her and jonathan to expect. however, it turns out things didn't go that way. she wondered why.

soon, the shed was finished and the plan was en route. dustin gazed at the shed through the kitchen window, soon walking away to the teenagers sitting quietly on the dining table.

he snickered at their uneasy placement: steve chewing on his nails and amelia's leg was fidgeting. what was cute to him however was that their fingers played out in this nervous tango on the table.

"you guys need to calm down." dustin told them. steve and amelia shot their eyes at him. amelia's hand slid down the table as he spoke. "the world's not gonna end."

steve sighed deeply at dustin, throwing his other hand away from his mouth. a few second went by where steve was thinking... and steve thinking is a pretty dangerously funny thing.

he slowly turned to amelia with knitted brows. "do you know how to summon a dead army?" he asked her, sounding serious. the noirette scoffed, a small smile growing and thinking he was joking to make her calm down.

however, he was being serious.

amelia and dustin exchanged the same glance. "no," she muttered. "i dont."