008.

CHAPTER EIGHT
really just friends.

athletic period was the highlight of each other's day

athletic period was the highlight of each other's day. amelia got to watch steve run around the gym for a ball, which entertained her a lot. and steve got to watch amelia laugh with her friends and practice cheering, which entertained him a lot, if you caught the drift.

the basketball coach blew his whistle, starting the basketball match. amelia started stretching as she watched the sport. the ball was thrown to steve but billy caught it.

"king steve, everyone!" he cooned as he dribbled the ball carelessly. "i like it! playing tough today." he continued to tease.

"jesus, do you ever stop talking." steve groaned. amelia chuckled softly and rolled her eyes to the cheer squad. "come on!"

steve was already annoyed by billy. the boy laughed, "what? you afraid the coach is gonna bench you now that i'm here? huh?" with that, billy ran with the dribbling ball, shoving steve's side and shot it, making it in.

amelia walked up to defeated steve as the coach blew his whistle. she held up her hand to help him up but billy beat her to it. steve grabbed his hand as billy halfway helped him up. "you were moving your feet. plant them next time, draw a charge." he explained.

and then he dropped steve to the floor. billy smirked at amelia as he was walking away. the girl simply nodded at him.

"i hate him," steve grunted as amelia helped him up. "i can't believe you made out with him." amelia pretended that she wasn't into him, groaning at steve bringing it up. "let's not talk about it." she muttered.

"you were drunk and horny." steve shrugged. amelia arched a brow at his last word. "guess you couldn't help yourself." he joked.

amelia slapped steve's back. "go take a shower, sweaty." she said before she walked away. steve held an admiring stare on her as she picked up her gym bag.

"and just so you know, i wasn't horny," she grew a smirk. "at least over him."

the two have been flirting nonstop. but of course, it's playful. that's what amelia hoped steve thought of it. she preferred the two to be friends rather than lovers... for now, at least. their friendship is gold to her. her friendship with nancy too and losing it over a stupid thing called love was stupid.

steve was in the boys locker room, showering. he tried his best to not think about what amelia said to him earlier. the way she said it and smirked when she did couldn't stop playing in his head.

"don't sweat it, harrington." billy walked up to him in the showers. "today's just not your day, man."

"yeah, not your week." tommy chuckled abruptly. "you and the princess break up for one day, and she's running off with the freak's brother." this was news to steve. he tried to look unbothered but tommy knows steve.