004.

CHAPTER FOUR
can we be seventeen?

amelia walked slower as she saw nancy's door

amelia walked slower as she saw nancy's door. she didn't want to barge in, so she knocked softly. "nancy?" she knocked again to silence. "um, we need to start getting ready before steve picks us up because uh" she scoffed with a smile. "my skirt is gonna be pretty tight and–" the door swung open.

nancy was already ready with her costume and make up. amelia smiled at her, looking at the new face nancy put on. she must've had fun playing dress up.

"you look great." amelia grinned. nancy nodded with a shaky breath. "thanks." amelia walked into the room, seeing her costume laid on the desk. "i can't believe i took betty ringwald's dare into dressing like the devil."

"more like losing the bet." nancy giggled. "thinking that paisley h. and rosalie medina were gonna make out at cristina rod's hangout is quite out of the world, don't ya think?" nancy walked to her bed, sitting on it with a laugh.

amelia shrugged as she slid out of her jeans. "doesn't seem so out of the world to me."

with the help of nancy, she put on the red latex tube top. before she put on the dreaded matching skirt, she looked at herself through nancy's mirror. she didn't exactly like the things she was gonna hear from people's minds when they see what she's wearing, but jonathan was the one that taught her how to grow tough skin.

again, with the help of nancy, amelia successfully slid into the latex skirt. "jesus, amelia!" nancy grunted. the noirette tried picking up the skirt from her waist, but it didn't help. "why did you agree to the bet?"

amelia sighed, "because then mel blake would wear a bikini to the party, and it's freakin' cold outside! it would've been hilarious!" nancy chuckled. amelia picked her shirt up higher and looked to the mirror. "you look good though." nancy said. "you have a nice body."

training in the labs gave that to her. amelia sighed shakily as she thought of how intense some days would be. she put on a smile however. "thanks."

she slid on her red heels that had fur on the toes of the shoes. she then clipped on the devil's tail her and nancy picked up at the costume store a couple of days ago. as amelia applied lipgloss on top of her already red lips, nancy saw steve's car drive up the lawn. she sat quietly, watching him get out of the car with flowers.

she sighed quietly, thinking about how every time he apologizes, he brings her flower. "he's here." nancy spoke.

amelia stood up from the desk chair as she finished with her gloss. "shit, i'm not ready." nancy gathered her things and left the room, leaving amelia rushing to find the mini devil's staff. "wait up!"

the black haired girl raced out of the room, down the stairs. but when she made the bottom half, she saw mike and his friends posing for pictures with mrs. wheeler.