009.

CHAPTER NINE
an innocent sleepover

"here we stand or here we fall!" amelia lip–synced to the song by queen on the radio

"here we stand or here we fall!" amelia lip–synced to the song by queen on the radio. steve watched her from the rear view mirror. "history won't care at all." she continued, "make the bed!"

"wait a sec, how big?" steve asked dustin.

"light the light!" lia continued.

"first it was like that," dustin stretched out his hands to something pretty small.

"lady mercy won't be home tonight." amelia started to mumble as she paid attention to dustin.

"now he's like this." his hands reached to about the size of a bat. amelia raised her brows, but she was still jamming out to the song, mumbling the background vocals.

steve scoffed, "i swear to god, man. it's just some little lizard, okay?"

"it's not a lizard." dustin argued. amelia sat up from the back seat, grabbing the front seats to help her up. "how do you know?" she asked.

"how do i know if it's not?" dustin repeated, overlapping her question.

amelia shook her head to the song. "how do you know it's not just a lizard?" she sang her question.

"because his face opened up and he ate my cat!"

steve turned back to see amelia's expression. and just like he thought, it's dropped.

"are you serious?" she uttered. dustin nodded quickly. "i saw it with my own eyes."

amelia gasped and jumped to dustin, hugging him. "oh my god, that must've been so scarring for you, little baby." steve knew exactly what she was doing.

"i am so not a baby." dustin said as amelia grabbed his cheeks. "oh but you are! you are! you're little baby dustin henderson–"

dustin pushed amelia's hands and yelled, "amelia! quit your shit!"

"well, you quit yours!" the noirette laughed. "we are not going through another weekend of fighting.. demogorgon babies!"

they finally reached dustin's house and got off the car. but before amelia got out, she grabbed a cigarette from her bag.