21 - Ocean On Our Side

Jungkook's POV

The dolphins that led us into this part of the ocean are more than willing to help us get back into the 'normal' ocean again, something I'm more than thankful for. I wouldn't be able to work out where to go without them. They're apologetic, as they know they probably should've told us what was going on, but I'm able to reassure them that they had their orders. That we understand that.

"So what do we do, Kook?" Yoongi asks, his voice strangely quieter than normal. I look over at him, frowning a little.
"What's wrong, hyung?" I return, slightly concerned, and he shrugs, glancing at Hoseok, who's also worried by the change from his normal tone. 

"I'm not sure," he admits, "I just feel like I'm not right for this task. Much like Taehyung, I see myself as someone who wouldn't do this properly. I would mess up, because of my submissive nature."
"That's why you have a colour changing tail, I think," Namjoon says, speaking up suddenly. "You have the most dominant personality out of the three more submissive males in our group, no offence Sapphire. Therefore, you could pretend to be dominant and people would believe you. Also, you can hypnotise any dominant that tried to test that."

"Equally, I think Jin's skill gives him power. Think about it. He can direct us anywhere at any given time. It means that he can be the navigator, giving him a constant chance to say something, a constant knowledge of what's happening. Someone who can be controlled wants to know if they're going to be controlled, so they can keep themselves from that situation. Jin's power gives him that, and also works with mine, as I can work out what to do about a situation we wouldn't otherwise know about," the dark red tailed merman continues, smiling a little at his mate.

"Sapphire, your skill compliments Jimin's perfectly, and fits his better than any other pair. This is done on purpose. It allows him to understand what someone is thinking, and allows you to do something about it. This is how you're going to work as a team. As a relatively new couple, this could bring you a lot closer together, which I would suggest that you want. This can help your relationship to progress and keep it healthy."

"Taehyung and Jungkook, your powers are a bit more diverse. This could be because the ocean wants you to stay equal despite the fact that Jungkook's so dominant and Tae's so submissive. Control over the weather could be a way of proving that we really are connected to this whole task shit, as well as a help with dealing with sailors. Jungkook's skill is going to keep every living thing in the sea on our side, which is what we need," Namjoon finishes, and I beam at him.

"Thank you, hyung," I say cheerfully, "it means a lot to actually understand everything we've been given. It makes more sense now."
"Do you think we'll be okay, Kookie?" Taehyung asks nervously, and I smile at him, pressing our lips together gently.
"We'll be fine, baby. I've got you, haven't I? That's what matters."

We're interrupted by a shout from a long way away, one that brings a cold edge to the moment. One that's familiar, unfortunately.

I can actually see her now.

Penelope.

"Jungkook!" I look over at our friends, slip my hand into Taehyung's, allow my gills to dilate a few times to get my oxygen levels up.

"Everyone, we've gotta get the fuck out of here before that bitch tries to talk to us," I say quickly, squeezing my mate's hand once and then holding my other hand out for Jin, who eyes it with slight suspicion. "Don't worry, it's just so that we can all stay together. We've gotta be really fast, so it's best if we're connected."

The eldest of us all nods in understanding, accepting my logic and joining hands with Namjoon, before taking my hand as well. Taehyung grabs Sapphire's hand, and she grabs Jimin's. Yoongi takes Namjoon's hand, a little reluctantly, and then Hoseok joins onto the end, next to his mate.