29 - Multiplying Numbers

(a/n: extra update this week, partially because we're all stressed right now and it might cheer some of you up to have an extra update. Also because I just wanted to update more before the exams start. Little bit of self confidence and all that.

Izzy)

Taehyung's POV

"Everyone please leave, thank you, get out," I hear a voice call, and I sigh in irritation.

It's been a year since we've started our campaign now. It's only expanded and gained popularity since then, which is nice to see. We've got all types of people listening and agreeing with us, and working hard to get others to feel the same. We're more notorious than ever, and the vast majority of the world's population of mer know of our existence now, even if they don't necessarily agree with us.

That fame has its own challenges, however.

We've had meetings broken up by guards and officials, who claim that our actions are illegal. We're never arrested, probably because our followers would cause a ruckus, but we're often threatened with it. A lot of the time, we just agree to go, to avoid any sort of problem, and then plan a meeting somewhere else.

We've also had people claiming that we're lying, that creatures of the ocean should feel lucky that we came to colonise their home, as it was so uncivilised before, and that we are kind conquerors or something like that. I personally think that's bullshit. How can a conqueror possibly be kind? It just doesn't work out.

"Thanks for coming, everyone," Namjoon calls out as the crowd scatters, and the official who broke up the meeting frowns at us 

"This is the third time we've found you here in the last two months, guys. Come on, you know the rules. We're just enforcing them."
"We haven't broken the law," Sapphire says, speaking up all of a sudden. "There are no legal documents that ban meetings like this. We are jug a group of people that believe that there are some things wrong with society. That in itself isn't at all illegal, and neither is speaking our minds. If people want to listen to us, they can. Nothing is stopping them."

The official frowns, his eyes going a deep maroon. "I am going to have to ask you not to be so disrespectful, young lady. I know that your mate doesn't really discipline you much, so I will take the job of telling you that speaking back to your superiors is not acceptable. If you carry on, I will have to use force."

Jungkook and Jimin glance at each other, and I half see Jimin nod in agreement, as if giving permission for Jungkook to do something. Sapphire looks over at her mate, who nods once.

"Forgive me for my insolence," she says, her voice almost mockingly formal, "but I don't believe I'm showing any sort of disrespect. You are not, in my eyes, a superior. You may be a dominant, but you aren't in charge of me. Stop trying to censor us."

The official scowls, and Jungkook's eyes go a deep gold, just as he begins to try and force Sapphire to apologise and bow down to him. I know that Jimin and Sapphire haven't claimed each other yet, like Kookie and I did, mainly because they don't feel ready yet. With her, though, she is less submissive, and the scenario is different. She finds it easier to resist a dominant command. And Jimin isn't very dominant, so he would find it harder to override one, hence Jungkook's intervention.

"Don't," my golden tailed mate says, and Sapphire freezes in her place. "She was not doing anything wrong," he adds on, glaring directly at the official, who seems to shrink under the harsh gaze, "so such measures are not necessary. She wasn't talking back to a superior. She was speaking her mind. And if anyone is superior here, it is us. Morally speaking. We will go, but do not think you have any power over us. If we did anything wrong, it would be listening to you."