Chapter 35 - Ocean's Revenge

(Just to warn y'all, the next chapter is the last, so we should finish by Sunday. There won't be a sequel for this book, and that's because I've got another book lined up waiting for this book to end. That will have a second chapter published on Sunday, when this ends. It's completely up to you whether you read that other book when it starts being updated, or decide not to. But I thought you'd want the choice.

Have a wonderful day!
Izzy)

"Okay, okay, BTS, we know what you're saying. We hear you. It's been maybe two months. But we don't agree with you. Our ideals and yours are just different," Jeremy says one day, after we've been working on the problem for a long time.

All of them look unhealthy, uncomfortable. They've been fed on low quality seaweed, and not enough of it, for the last two months, and they've spent more time apart than together. And yet still, even with all of these problems, they refuse to give in. I admire their will, I really do. But it's just getting annoying now. This is going to have to be taken a step further if we want anything from them, and we know that.

We've proved our powers more than three times each now, so they have no way of claiming that we don't have those skills. That isn't the problem. They believe that they exist, they just won't accept what we have to say. And that's the main thing that's getting on our nerves. I know that we're all tired of this now. So we have to somehow prove that the sea really does want this.

That might be the only way to do this, other than straight up mind control, which isn't easy for Sapphire to do to six dominants at once. She'd rather avoid that, if she can. And the rest of us understand that, so we're trying to keep things as easy as possible. These leaders aren't helping our case at all, however, and I am beginning to get very frustrated with them.

Taehyung often has to keep me calm with a gesture or a kiss, and he's the only one that can do it. Unsurprisingly, I suppose, but I'm still grateful towards him for that. We can't do anything if we're busy breaking our own rules, and they'd just call us hypocrites, which would just make us go backward in this whole negotiations thing. So his presence comes as a welcome relief from all of that.

"Do you want us to prove that the ocean is a sentient thing?" Namjoon offers them. "If it is real, will you accept the situation and step down even if you don't agree with our ideology?" He glances round at the rest of BTS. "We do have other ways of persuading you to step down, but we'd rather not use them if we don't have to. We are doing our best here. Please realise that."

The leaders look at each other for a moment, mentally working through the pros and cons, before nodding in agreement. We all glance at Jimin, who smiles and nods. "They agree to those terms. If they go back on them, they will be the ones in the wrong, not us. We are only proving the existence of something. That is all. It is not something that is against our laws."

I turn to some of the fish in the room, move my hand a little and indicate to them that we need the intervention of the ocean itself. For a moment, I wonder if it will be angry with us for not being able to do things without its help, and then every single leader freezes in place at the exact same time. I hear the faintly familiar voice of the ocean in my head at the same time as them, we all do.

"Nice work, BTS. I approve of the peaceful way you're going about this. I know you hated the idea of too much aggression, so this works well. Also, your followers have done similarly well. Even now, they've managed to persuade those of higher status to support you, something that would be difficult to do on your own."

"As for you, leaders and people that have forgotten me, listen closely. I could remove you from the ocean right now, revert your tails to legs and continue your drowning as it would've happened. Even if you're a legacy, you wouldn't exist if someone hadn't suffered and I hadn't felt pity for them. BTS are right. And you need to realise that."