Drunk Love

"Mickey, come with me," Mandy groans. She leans over the dirty sink and looks into the mirror as she gently brushes the mascara onto her eyelashes.

Mickey makes a small grunt as his reply. His stomach was pressed against the mattress of his bed, legs sprawled out and hair a mess. "It'll be fun. Promise. There's gonna be beer and music and girls. Your three favorite things," she says. Mandy screws the cap of the makeup back on and sets it down, smiling at herself in the mirror before going over to Mickey. "It's New Years Eve. I'm not letting you stay in here moping around for it. You're coming with me," she grabs Mickey's leg and starts to drag him out of the bed.

"Knock it the fuck off," he groans. He held onto the bedsheets, but they didn't do much. With some effort and strength, Mandy pulled her brother out of his bed and onto the floor. "My head, Mandy," he complains, rubbing the spot that had hit the floor. She laughs.

"Go take a shower for once or at least wash your face in the sink. I'm gonna pick your outfit for you." Mickey sighs and rolls over onto his back, carding a hand through his hair.

"I said I wasn't goin' anywhere," he grumbles. Mandy glares down at her brother before grabbing him by the ankle and starting to drag him to the bathroom.

"And I said I don't care. You're coming with me to this party. Now clean up before I do it for you." Mickey knew he was no match for Mandy. Both of them were stubborn beyond belief but Mickey wasn't in the mood to argue. Plus the promise of free beer was pretty enticing. So he reluctantly pulled himself up by the door handle and shut the bathroom door behind him. He turns on the cold water in the sink before splashing some of it over his face. A small cringe spreads across his face as he looks in the mirror. He had a small bruise on his forehead from a fight he had gotten into over drug money and a spilt lip. The dirt was now slowly dripping down his face, turning the water in the sink slightly brown. Mickey lets out a heavy sigh and scrubs at it with his hands and the water until he was a satisfied. His hair was still untamed and stuck up in a very unorganized fashion but Mickey didn't care enough to fix it.

He opened the bathroom door and walked or, Mandy grinning at him. "There's my big brother. Can finally see you know pass all the dirt," she teases which causes Mickey to stick his middle finger up at her. He goes over to his bed and looks at the clothes she picked out. "It's casual so I just found whatever I could that didn't smell or have stains on them." On the bed was a light grey t shirt, a black zip up and dark blue jeans.

"Don't get why you're dragging me along," he mumbles. He slips out of his sweat pants and pulls on the jeans. Mandy grins as she sits down on the bed, running a hand through her hair to fix it.

"Because you never go out unless it's to smoke weed or drink," she says.

Mickey snorts and looks at her. "Isn't that what I'm gonna be doing at the party?"

Mandy laughs and shrugs. "Guess so. But you know what I mean. When you normally do it you're always in a shitty room with a few guys and you guys just smoke and then leave. You don't have fun."

Mickey scoffs but he couldn't argue. He never really did go out to hang with anyone unless it was to smoke weed or drink. Or the occasional fuck that he felt like he was obligated to do. As he tugged on his boots he silently hoped this party would have a certain redhead there too.

As if Mandy read his mind, she stands up and smiles at him. "You look good. Now come on, we're picking Ian up on the way," she says. Her ripped black jeans exposed a good portion of her thighs and she had a crop topped sweater on above it. On their way out, Mickey grabs the crumbled up pack of cigarettes off of the table along with the lighter before following Mandy outside.