The Future

Mickey kicked his feet up on top of the pencil stained desk. It was three pm, a half an hour after school had gotten out, but Mickey had gotten stuck in the building after earning himself yet another detention. In his opinion, it wasn't his fault that he had hit the other kid. He was annoying and wouldn't stop sniffling while they were taking a test. In his defense, he was sure everyone wanted to punch the kid. He was just the only one with the guts to do so.

Other than Mickey there were three other boys in detention and one girl. The three boys sat off in the corner together while Mickey and the girl were separated from them. Up in front though was the only thing that was keeping Mickey from just running out of there, Ian. The teacher running detention today just so happened to also be Ian's Algebra teacher.

Mickey closed his eyes and tipped his head back. He let out a small sigh as he folds his arms over his chest. He still had another hour and a half left of detention and he was already bored out of his mind. Mickey wanted the torturous next few hours to pass quickly so he could spend time with Ian afterward. Since his dad was home and he wasn't a huge fan of all of the Gallagher's, Mickey wanted to grab a few beers, a pack of cigarettes and head out to the baseball fields to hang out.

Mickey's eyes snap open when he heard Ian's voice. "Stop it," the boy whispers. He looked around and notices the teacher missing from the room. He frowns a bit and glances over to the ground of boys that seemed to be pestering Ian.

The one boy laughed and flicked Ian on the back of the neck. "And what're you gonna do about it, Freckles?" The kid mumbled, smirking.

Mickey immediately stood up from his seat. "Stop fucking with him," he said angrily, glaring at the boy. The boy raises an eyebrow and stands up. He was a whole head taller than Mickey. He had dark blond hair that hung in loose curls just above his shoulders and his dark brown eyes peered into Mickey's.

"Are you actually gonna try to stop me or just boss me around like some bitch?" He said, stepping closer to Mickey. Ian, then rises as well, eyes full of worry.

"Mick, just calm down. It's okay I've got it," he said.

Mickey scoffs and rolls his eyes. "You weren't gonna do shit, Gallagher and this asshole needs to learn a lesson," he said, shoving the kid hard in the chest.

The boy stumped back before landing against a desk. Full of anger, he pushed himself back up and charged at Mickey. He slams him up against the wall and throws a punch to his stomach.

Mickey grunts and hunches over for just a moment before fixing his posture. He shoves back against the bigger boy and slams his fist into his face. "Mickey!" Ian yells. Mickey ignores Ian and forces a jaw-breaking hit into his jaw. "Mickey stop it!" Ian yells again and this time he gets in between the middle of the two. He shoves Mickey hard in the chest. "Mick, just stop it."

The older boy glares at Ian for a moment before nodding reluctantly. "Alright... fucking fine," he mutters. Mickey shoves past the older boy and sits back down in his seat just as the teacher comes back in.

"Is there a problem in here? I heard yelling?" He asks, folding his arms over his chest.

Ian nods quickly. "Yes, sir. Everything's fine," he says, getting back into his own seat.

He nods. "Good. Now no talking for the rest of the time. If there's a problem, I'll be up front helping Ian."

The rest of detention went by rather smoothly until the students were finally released. Ian had finished up his work an hour earlier but had pretended to need more help just so he could wait on Mickey. "Hey, you doin' anything now?" Ian asks, following Mickey out of the school