Sex Ed

"Take that bitch!" Mandy says, laughing. Ian rolls his eyes, tossing his controller onto the table.

"You fucking cheated!" He laughs. Mandy looks at him innocently.

"How?" She asks, grinning.

"You can't kick me in the ribs while I'm trying to fucking knife you!" She shrugs as she turns off the game.

"Show me the rule book," she says. The front door then opens and slams shut. Mickey walks in and kicks his shoes off, wiping a bit of blood from his nose off on his sleeve. "Mick, what the hell happened?" Mandy reaches down and pops a bagel bite into her mouth. He rolls his eyes before walking over and eating one of them as well.

"Dumbass at school owes me money still and wouldn't give it to me until I kicked the shit out of him," he mutters. Mickey reaches towards the table and picks up Ian's Mountain Dew.

"Hey that's mine!" He complains. Mickey shoots him a look, flips him off and then walks into his room, Mountain Dew in hand.

"Go ahead and grab another," Mandy says. "I've gotta get going though."

Ian raises an eyebrow and looks up at her. "Got a hot date or something?" He teases. The small smile spreading across Mandy's lips was enough to tell Ian he was correct. "Who is it?"

"Actually.... it's with Lip," she says quietly.

"No shit?"

She smiles and shakes her head. "No shit," she says. "We're going to see a movie tonight."

Ian smiles and stands up. "Well I hope things go well, but if Lip tries to fuck you over tell me. Text me afterwards though?"

She nods. "Text you after," she agrees.

After that Mandy had gone into her room to get ready and had let Ian stay to do some of his homework. It was almost never quiet in the Gallagher household and it made it quite difficult for Ian to get anything productive done. Once Mandy leaves Ian stands up. He grabs his algebra book and knocks on Mickey's door. "Fuck off!" He groans through the door. Ian smiles a bit to himself and cracks open the door.

"Hey," he whispers. The room was engulfed in darkness, not a single light on and Mickey was sprawled out on his stomach. Ian smiles a bit to himself as he looks at him. Mickey rolls over on his bed and rubs his eyes. "The fuck you want Gallagher?"

"I,uh.... I kinda need help with my algebra homework," he says quietly, leaning against the door frame.

"Can't help. Don't know how to do algebra."

"That's bullshit. You helped me on the bus that one day," Ian challenges. Mickey let's out a heavy sigh.

"Then come the fuck over here cause I ain't getting up." Ian smiles to himself. He reaches up and flips on the lights before sitting down on the edge of the bed next to the older boy. Mickey sits up and palms at his eyes.

"What'd you need help with?"

"This problem right here," Ian says, pointing to a problem in the middle of the page. Mickey snatched the book from his hands, tatted fingers brushing against freckles ones. He holds the book in his hand and stares down at it for a few minutes in silence.

"Alright here's your problem," he says, pointing to the third step in the equation. "You're not factoring it properly. It's gotta be two and negative eight. Not positive," he hands the book back over before laying on his back.

Ian stares down at the problem. He erases his mistake and fixes it. "How come you never do your algebra homework when you're so fucking good at it?"