Nicotine

Mickey flicks Ian hard in the back of the head which causes the younger boy to flinch. "Fucking - Mickey." Ian rubs the back of his head and grins when he turns to see him. Mickey offers a small smile back but quickly wipes it away when Mandy raises an eyebrow.

"Sup, faggot," he says, sitting down next to Ian.

Mandy continues to stare at him. "You're sitting with us again," she says matter of factly.

"Yeah... I am," he says, raising his eyebrows. He knew it was "abnormal" for him to be hanging out with Mandy and Ian so much during school, but Mickey couldn't help himself. There was just something about Ian that Mickey couldn't see to stay away from for too long. And he would know because he had tried. After their last time hooking up, Mickey made sure to stay away from Ian as much as possible for the past week. The only time he had seen Ian was in the halls, gym class and at his house once. But even then Mickey ignored him. Now Mickey couldn't seem to take the distance anymore.

Mickey looks over at Ian and hits him playfully on the shoulder. "Dude, you were fucking awesome at handball yesterday in gym."

Ian blushes a bit and smiles, biting into his sandwich. "Thanks," he says. Mickey nods and plays with the bottom of his shirt. He felt his heart thump loudly in his chest and his sister's eyes staring over at him wasn't helping any to calm it. He didn't know why but suddenly being around Ian made him feel out of breath. Especially with Mandy staring daggers at him.

"What the fuck is your problem?" He asks her.

Many smiles a bit and shrugs. "Nothing," she says, twirling her hair with her finger. "Just listening to you two idiots talk about gym class like it actually matters. I mean I don't get why guys get so competitive during it. Isn't that the only class you have an A in anyway?"

Mickey flips her off and rolls his eyes. "Oh, shit..." he says as he watches Ian sip his Gatorade. "I forgot to bring us Gatorades today for boxing. I mean I could probably take some money from someone's locker or something and get one out of the vending machine for you if you want."

Ian smiles at the gesture and shakes his head. He had honestly forgotten that it was Mickey's turn and was surprised that Mickey was making such a big deal about it.

"You're in luck because I have a couple dollars in my backpack. I can buy two gatorades for us before practice. You like the orange ones, right?" Mickey nods.

He glances at Mandy before knocking his knuckles against the side of his nose. "Yeah, Whatever you wanna get me is fine, man. I'm not picky." Ian nods and goes back to eating his lunch.

Mandy didn't mind her brother sitting with them one bit. It was just how he and Ian were interacting that weirded her out. She had her suspicions before that Ian had a crush on Mickey but now she was seriously believing it.

Mickey was reaching across the table to swipe Mandy's cookies from her when someone called his name. "Yo, Mick!" He grabs the cookies quickly and turns around. Towards him, his friend, Braydon, was grinning at him and making his way over. "Sup, man. See you ditched us again."

"Yeah, can only stand you douche bags for so long," he says, taking a bite of the Oreos in the bag. Braydon chuckles and shakes his head.

"Hey, but I'm having a party tonight. You game?" He asks.

Mickey shrugs and leans back against the table. "Dunno, Maybe. Might have to help my dad on a run or some shit," he lies. Truth be told Mickey hadn't enjoyed Braydon's parties as much as he used to. But that was back when he thought he was straight and making out with girls was a chore he was doing daily.