Poisoned Youth

Mickey laughs as he walks down the hall with Ian. "How the fuck did I not see that?"

Ian shrugs, grinning. "Guess you're just blind or something." Apparently, yesterday in between first and second hour there had been a huge fight where one kid had tried to strangle the other using the strings of his backpack. And Mickey was a little upset he hadn't been able to see it first hand.

"Yo, Milkovich!" Braydon calls as he jogs over to Mickey. He lets out a chuckle and slaps the shorter boy on the back. "So Samantha Cookings is going around telling people you couldn't get it up for her?" As he says this he laughs again and shakes his head.

For Mickey, the situation wasn't so funny. The second kids started to speculate that there was something he was hiding, he was done for. His head hammered in his chest and he felt his fingers behind to nervously tug at the end of his shirt. "Bullshit. The bitch is pissed off that I wanted to fuck another girl other than her at your party this weekend."

Braydon shrugs. "I dunno, man," he hums. "She seemed pretty serious about it when she told me."

"Well, she fucking wasn't. The skank doesn't know what's good for her and starts running her mouth about other people's business."

Braydon laughs at how aggravated his friend was and rolls his eyes. "Whatever, man. I'll talk to you later, faggot boy," he jokes before walking off.

Mickey bites down hard on his lip as he looks around the hallway. Suddenly he felt like all eyes were on him. Watching his every move. When most people were just minding their own business. Luckily for him, the word hadn't gotten around too far just yet.

Ian let's out a small laugh. "I can't believe she's saying that stuff about you."

Mickey didn't find it as funny. He slams Ian up against the lockers and glares at him. "This isn't funny, Ian. You get that if word gets around that I can't get it up for a hot chick like that, that people are gonna start talking?"

Ian nods slowly. He rubs the back of his neck as Mickey lets him go. "Jesus, Mick. I'm sorry. I bet this whole thing will blow over by the time first hour ends."

Mickey found himself nodding along though he wasn't as confident as Ian was about this whole thing. He knew he had started to become slightly reckless with his behavior if he wanted to keep it a secret and he figured this was the price he had to pay.

"Whatever," he mumbles. He swipes his thumb against his nose and glances down at his shoes before looking back up to meet Ian's eyes. "I'm gonna head to class or maybe ditch and just smoke in the bathroom."

Ian nods. "See you at lunch?" He asks hopefully  

Mickey gives him a shrug. "Dunno, Maybe," he says and with those words, he walks off in the opposite direction.

First hour seemed to crawl by and so did second hour and then third. Finally, it was lunch time and Mickey made his way to the cafeteria. This time he stopped before he even reached Ian and Mandy's table, deciding it was best to sit with his usual groups of friends. So he drops his bag on the floor and sits down next to Braydon and the others.

Asher, a dark-haired and equally dark-skinned boy grinned at him. "So I heard Mickey Milkovich may not be as hard and tough as we all originally thought?"

Mickey shoots the kid a glare. He never liked him much anyways. Always too cocky and arrogant for his liking. "Fuck off, Asher. Otherwise, your heads gonna end up in that fucking garbage can over there," he says, jabbing his thumb over his shoulder.

"But come on, Mickey. Is she actually lying or she telling the truth and you just don't wanna admit to it?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

Gots very short second Mickey considering coming clean. He figured it would be better to just admit now that he couldn't get it up for Samantha. Maybe then his friends would think it was just a fluke and not actually because he wasn't attracted to females at all. "You've obviously been smoking something if you really think she's telling the truth. C'mon... give me one good reason why I wouldn't be able to get it up for her?"