Canada x Reader | Maple Kisses

From the moment you woke up, you were so incredibly excited. You had this day marked on your calendar for a week now. It was hard to miss since the whole day was circled and decorated with little hearts. The words 'Mattie comes home!!!' were neatly written smack dab in the little block that was today. It was finally here. On this day, your boyfriend would finally come home from his week-long trip to visit his family. Normally, he took you with him. However, this time, Matthew had specifically expressed that you stay home. It wasn't that you minded, you just missed him. It also confused you, because the sweet and soft-spoken Canadian rarely ever said something so firmly.

You were waiting on the front porch all morning, wearing your best white sundress. There were no words to describe how you felt as you listened to the birds chirping around your charming little home. Matthew Williams and you had been living together for quite some time now. His father Francis lived in Paris, and instead of you two buying a house, his sweet dad just gave you his summer home. It was beautiful, even though living with Matthew was sometimes not so easy.

Your heart fluttered in your chest as you saw his truck coming down the road. 'Oh god... I'm so nervous.' Taking deep gulps of air, you got to your feet and patiently waited for him to park. The instant he had, you were at his side. Mattie smiled, getting out of the vehicle to take you into his arms. "I missed you, honey." His voice was so soothing as you clung to him tightly, never wanting to let go. "I can't even tell you how much I missed you." You whispered, pressing a kiss into his neck.

Matthew held you tighter, running a hand through your (H/C) hair. "I'm going to make this up to you, okay? How about dinner tonight?" Matthew pulled away from the hug to softly stroke your cheeks. His hands felt so good on your skin. "Anything you want, Mattie." You responded, just glad to be able to hold him close again. "I brought you some stuff back from Canada." He smiled shyly. There was a slight pink tinge to his cheeks, and you were made curious.

Matthew had gotten out of his blushing faze...so why go back to it? Chalking it back up to the fact that you hadn't seen each other in a little while, you didn't think much of it...at first. Then, throughout the whole day, he started blushing. You found it entirely cute. "Oh, I almost forgot! Here!" Mattie handed you a slightly long box. You didn't have to look at the front of it to know what it was. "Are these the-oh, Mattie!!! You know I love these! And they aren't as good from anywhere else!" Your heart warmed as you hugged the box to you. "I know you love them, so I thought I would buy you some. There are a couple more boxes I brought with me." Matthew said softly, his violet eyes bright. "I love you so much right now, I can't even express it." You groaned, instantly unwrapping the box and pulling off the top.

You took in the sweet, sugary smell of maple and nearly died of a nosebleed right there. "Don't eat them all at once this time, okay? Try to slow down." Matt laughed a little, sitting next to you at the table. "Eat them with me, you sexy Canadian thing you." You demanded, reaching for one of the maple leaf shaped candies. "No, because I bought them for you. I already had lots while I was there." He rested his elbow on the table and propped his chin on his closed fist, eager to watch you eat them for some reason. "Okay...? But don't stare at me like that." You said, popping the first candy out of its slot. You noticed something odd about it.

Underneath the candy, the letter 'W' was scrawled in fancy handwriting. "Mattie... there's writing on the bottom of this." You frowned. "Huh. That's strange." Matthew commented. He seemed to know something was up, but you were too excited to have the candies. As you kept pulling up more, you suddenly started to put the puzzle together. Your heart thumped in your chest loudly. Without even eating them, you pulled up all the candies.

At the bottom of each mold was a different letter, and when read from left to right, it said 'Will you marry me?' Your heart didn't even have time to process what was happening before your boyfriend was grasping your hand and pulling a beautiful diamond ring from his pocket. It was elegant and simple, just like your relationship. Tears welled in your eyes. "I... have a hard time saying things sometimes...so I thought if I wrote it-" His words were cut off by your lips.

Matthew shyly kissed back, his hands trembling slightly as he stroked your hair and gently rubbed his thumb along your jawline. "Yes! Of course, Mattie!" You cried, hugging him tightly. "(Y/N)!!!" His voice was choked with tears of happiness, and the two of you embraced for a long time before you broke apart and gently slipped the ring on your finger. "It's so beautiful...wait, is this why you left?" You realized. "Yes. I wanted to do something I knew you would remember forever." He smiled sweetly, taking one of the candies and eating it. "Oh, so now the surprise is over, you get to eat all my candy, huh?" You gave him a devilish smirk. "Yep." Matthew grinned, his glasses slightly askew from all that just happened. "I'm afraid I'll have to take that candy back." "But it's in my mouth-" Matt protested. "Never stopped me before." You shrugged, pouncing on him like a wildcat. Your lips connected, and tongues were involved almost instantly.

Maple sugar was exchanged between the two of you, the sweet sticky substance coating your saliva. Matthew's hands found their way to your hips and he held you tightly as you salvaged every bit of that candy from his mouth. The Canadian got a very entertaining idea. So, he grabbed a few more candies and shoved them all in his mouth, as well as snatched the rest that was in the box before sauntering towards your shared bedroom. "Matthew Williams, it is going to be a long night for you! I want those candies back!" You threatened playfully. "I've got all night, honey!" His voice echoed from the bedroom, slightly darker than it had been before.

 "I've got all night, honey!" His voice echoed from the bedroom, slightly darker than it had been before