Russia x Reader | Marshmallow Kisses

Nothing could make you more nervous than the prospect of your first date...especially since it was with your longtime crush Ivan Braginski. He was a sweet man, and he'd always been so kind to you. It took a long time for you to build up the courage to ask him out, and you really hoped that this date went well. Ivan had done most of the planning...the where to's and the what to do's, so you had no idea what to prepare for. Instead of dressing up way too classy, you dressed in a simple pink and white sundress that flowed around your legs comfortably. You even brought with you a pair of pants you could throw on underneath in case you needed them.

Ivan was there exactly on time, and you tried to hide your excitement as you rushed to greet him. "Hello there, my little sunflower! Get in, we are to be rushing!" Ivan instructed-but not coldly. He was very happy. In fact, his whole face was aglow with warmth. You remembered a time when he used to be so lonely and cold. You smiled brightly and hopped in the passenger side of the car and buckled up. "Why the rush, Ivan?" You asked curiously. "You'll be seeing it for yourself, da?" He gave you a sweet smile before heading out the driveway and taking off. The vehicle came to a halt outside a local park.

There were two parks in this town, and not many people really went to this one. It was kind of sad because it looked so abandoned. The cute swing set swayed back and forth. The merry go round sat patiently. But, none of these things was your favorite part of this park. "Ivan...you know I love it here." You blushed a little bit, surprised he remembered. "Come on, we don't want to be late!" Ivan popped the trunk of his car and pulled out a picnic basket. "Uwahh! You're the best boyfriend ever!" You squealed, a little too excited. "Follow me, sunflower!" Ivan took your hand and led you across the cute little wooden bridge that sat over a wide river. For a moment, the two of you looked over the edge and watched the water flow. Then, he continued leading you on a journey.

The forest on the other side of the bridge smelled overwhelmingly of pine...and you loved it. He watched you with amusement as you went along, sniffing the pine-scented air like a puppy sticking its head out the window of a car for the first time. "You're so cute." Ivan squeezed your hand happily before reaching the end of one of the forest trails. It led straight out to a huge (and I mean enormous) grassy hill. It was so huge that from the top, you could see over the treetops. "Race you there!" You giggled, hurrying up the steep hill. "You must be the careful, yes? This hill is dangerous!" Ivan hurried along behind you, making sure you didn't lose your footing and fall. But, in no time at all you had reached the top.

Your cute Russian boyfriend huffed a little bit and caught his breath when he finally arrived there as well. "Are you okay?" You asked, cupping his face in your hands. "Of course, sunflower. Don't worry about me, da?" He ruffled your hair and opened the picnic basket. There was a blanket tucked inside, which he soon spread out on the most even and comfortable spot on the hill. Both of you took a seat on the plush blanket and he started rummaging through the basket to sort through the food he packed. "Ah! Here you are, (Y/N)!" He handed you a neatly wrapped sub sandwich that was still warm. "Thank you, Ivan." You smiled as you unwrapped it. To be honest, it looked completely amazing.

There was melted cheese dripping from the bottom, and there was clearly some kind of meat on the inside as well (it looked like roast beef). The smell was incredible. Ivan found him and the two of you ate in silence for a moment. "This is delicious. You usually make food from your home country. I'm a little surprised." You admitted. "Alfred said to be impressing you I should make you some good food. I thought you might not like the food from Russia." He explained. "Awww...Ivan, you don't have to impress me with food. I wouldn't have wanted to go out with you so bad if I weren't already impressed. And I love food from Russia. I seriously wouldn't say no to actual homemade Beef Stroganov made by someone who knows how to cook it." You said softly. Ivan blushed brightly and returned your grin. "You have got to be the joking me. You're too perfect." Ivan looked down at his feet, still blushing like mad. "If I were joking, would I do this?" You asked, scooting a little closer to him and wrapping your arms around his body in a comforting hug.

The Russian was surprised, but he hugged you back. There was no better feeling in the world than his strong arms enveloping you. For a few minutes, the two of you stayed like that. Then, Ivan dug into the picnic basket again and pulled out a Marshmallow rope candy. "Seriously? I love those things." You gasped. "I couldn't find the other one, sunflower...so we will have to share." He turned a little red at the idea, starting to pull apart the sticky strands. "No, don't do that." You put a hand over him to signal for him to stop. Then, you took one end of the rope and started chewing on it. The sweet, sugary candy nearly melted as soon as it was in your mouth. Ivan just stared at you for a moment, wondering what to do. "If you want some, better get it before I eat it all." You responded before returning to chewing away at the strands. Ivan caught on and followed your actions on the opposite end.

What happened next was a complete Lady and the Tramp Disney movie moment. The instant the rope was gone, your lips connected. You kissed Ivan softly and sweetly. He seemed too shocked to do anything, and when you two broke apart he was blushing like mad. "I'm so sorry, da? Please forgive me!" He begged. "There is nothing to forgive, Ivan. I liked it." You replied, pressing your mouth against his again. This time, Ivan got the hint and he kissed back just as gently as you did. When the kiss was over, your Russian man pulled you into his lap sweetly. "This is to be the best part, yes?" He nuzzled his face against your neck, pointing at the last fading rays of sunlight.

All the different colors dancing across the sky made you feel like you were in a painting. This just didn't seem real. But it was. Together, you watched the sun go down until your head became fuzzy from all the delicious food and you just couldn't stay awake anymore. You fell asleep in Ivan's lap. Don't worry, though. He carried you and everything else in the picnic basket carefully down the hill. Like a gentleman, Ivan took you home and with your father's permission, he was able to lay you down in your bed and cover you up. He stole a quick kiss before leaving you alone in your bed to dream about how perfect the date went endlessly.

 He stole a quick kiss before leaving you alone in your bed to dream about how perfect the date went endlessly