Finland x Reader | Mistletoe Kisses

You blushed lightly as you slipped on your woolen winter coat and wrapped your scarf around your neck tightly. Earlier during the evening, Finland had offered to walk you home once the Christmas party you were at was done. The time had come the party was coming to a close and the guests were beginning to trickle out the door. You felt a tap on your shoulder and turned to see your escort. "Ready to go?" He asked smiling cheerfully, his white hat sitting slightly askew atop his blonde hair.

You nodded. "Yup!" You both made your way to the door to say your farewells to the host and hostess, before walking out into the dark December night. Shivered due to the shock of coming outside, and looked at your escort. He was looking directly at you, waiting. You blushed harder and buried your nose into your scarf. "This way." You said quietly, walking off towards the direction of your home.

All you could hear was the sound of the snow crunching under your boots and you thought for a second that you had left Finland behind. As you were about to turn around, you stepped onto a patch of black ice. Your mouth opened to let out a scream, only to get stuck in your throat as a pair of hands grabbed you and yanked you upwards. "Oh my gosh (Y/N), are you okay?" Finland asked frantically. "I-I think so." You mumbled as you finally realized what had happened.

You blushed at the closeness at which he was holding you up, but he seemed oblivious to it. He released you, only to grab your hand. "I don't want you to slip again." He said. You walked in silence for a while, letting Finland walk you to who knows where.

[Time Skip]

Sometime later, Finland had convinced you to take a quick walk through a park near your home. You were still blushing from the fact that he hadn't let go of your hand yet, and tried to hide it behind your scarf. Peeking up, you studied the man you had a major crush on. He was smiling happily, and he didn't even look cold. Cold. That thought reminded your body that your coat was meant for show, not long walks in the winter.

You started to shiver violently, and Finland must have felt the tremors through your hand. He looked down at you and a flash of worry crossed his face. Without a word, the drug you into the nearby gazebo. He sat down on one of the benches inside, sat down and proceeded to unbutton his coat. "W-what are you doing?" He looked up at you and smiled happily. "I'm going to warm you up!" He said as he pulled you down onto his lap and wrapped the edges of his coat around you. Your face was on fire now, but you snuggled closer to him. "Thanks, Finland." You said quietly.

You both sat in silence for a bit, when suddenly Finland started to chuckled lightly. You peered up at him through your lashes. He was staring at the ceiling arch overhead, and you followed his gaze up. Hung from the arch, was a sprig of mistletoe. Finland looked down at you, to gauge your reaction. You tried to summon words, but you ended up looking like a fish out of the water. "Näytät söpöltä." [You look cute] and he lowered his head to peck you lightly on the lips. You felt a spark of something race through you, and you stared at him with wide eyes. He grinned happily and pulled you into a hug through his coat. "Rakastan sinua, (Y/N)," [I love you] He said kissing the top of your head lightly.

You flushed, knowing what he said even though you didn't speak Finnish. Turning, you hugged him tightly and leaned up to peck him back on the lips. "I love you too Finland." You said nuzzling your nose against his. He leaned back slightly and looked at you with a serious expression. "You know what I want for Christmas?" He asked. "What?" He leaned back in to whisper in your ear. "You." And kissed you fully on the lips.

" And kissed you fully on the lips