South Korea x Reader | Drama Kisses

(Y/N) followed her Korean friend around an Asian market. After picking her up for their weekly "drama night" he needed to buy some supplies for kimbap. Apparently, there wasn't enough seaweed to make enough for her and his brothers. Not wanting to be there longer than needed, I'm Yong Soo ninja shopped, beelining for the aisle with the seaweed. (Y/N) recognized the song on the radio. She subconsciously started rocking her shoulders and hips to the beat of the K-pop song as she sang along softly. The Korean glanced over his shoulder as he grabbed a package smiling at the young woman who shuffled beside him. "Oh, I'm curious, yeah! Sajin sok nega sungan misojieo wae. Oh--" Yong Soo laughed. "Aren't you glad I introduced you to K-pop?" He asked with a grin.

(Y/N) froze blushing as a sheepish smile graced her face. "Yeah." She said softly. "Some of them are really good, like this one." "Sherlock is one of my favorites." Yong Soo admitted. "Speaking of favorites, I have a few others for you to listen to." He straightened, holding an armful of seaweed packets. "I know you'll like them." "We'll see." (Y/N) said. pocketing her hands in her hoodie as they hurried to check out. "I'm slowly getting into K-pop." Yong Soo turned to give (y/n) a smirk. "Just wait (Y/N). By the time I'm done, you'll be a complete K-pop and drama fanatic." "K-pop I can see, but I don't know about the dramas." (Y/N) said with a shrug. "I'm picky about what I watch." "Which is why I'll clear the series with you before we watch it!" Yong Soo darted from their place in line to grab two bottles of Japanese soda. "Want one?" He asked (Y/N). "Yes, please! I'd like the melon one." Yong Soo returned with the requested flavor. "You're going to love tonight's drama episode." He said as he placed the products on the counter. "I hope so!" (Y/N) said in anticipation. "It's been seven episodes, and the main couple hasn't kissed yet. I really want them to! Do they kiss in this one?" Yong Soo tried not to grin. "You'll have to wait and see." He told his friend.

(Y/N) saw through his failure of a poker face. "They do kiss!" She said triumphantly. "Alright, let's go." Yong Soo grabbed her hand as he thanked the cashier. He rushed to his car, opening the passenger door for her before carefully dropping the grocery bag at her feet. He cued up his iPod so they could listen to "Sorry Sorry" on the way to the house. They jammed the entire way there, not carrying about how silly they looked to passerby.

(Y/N) sat on the couch, listening to the songs Yong Soo had placed in a playlist for her. She offered to help him make the kimbap, but he insisted she did that instead. He had enough help from Kiku. By the time she finished listening and marking the ones she enjoyed the most, they had finished. Yong Soo brought a huge plate covered enough to feed them into the living room, along with two pairs of chopsticks. "Wow, this looks delicious!" (Y/N) said as she picked up her set of chopsticks. "I hope you like it." Yong Soo voiced while claiming a spot next to her. "It's made with beef and chicken instead of fish." "Let's see if I do." (Y/N) popped a piece of the dish into her mouth and chewed. She hummed in delight. "This is very good, Yong Soo. I want the recipe." "I'll send it home with you," her friend said with a smile. "When you make it, tell me so I can teach you how to roll it up."

(Y/N) nodded as she swallowed. "Of course." Her (E/C) eyes lingered on the attractive Korean beside her, taking in his handsome face, chocolate eyes, and slightly messy dark brown hair. The long curly strand of hair was a bit odd, yet suited him. Before Yong Soo got any ideas, she snatched another piece of kimbap. (Y/N) did hear a faint chuckle as he followed suit. She stared a bit too long at that time. It wasn't fair that he was so good looking. "Ready to start the episode?" Yong Soo asked mid-chew. "Yeah! I can set it up." "No, I've got it." Yong Soo stood and made his way to the entertainment system. He returned with the remote, plopping back down next to (Y/N).

They watched the episode in silence, laughing occasionally when the characters did something ridiculous. For some reason, (Y/N) was more aware of how close Yong Soo was to her, his steady breathing and his arm draped around her shoulders. Up to now, it never bothered her. Something must have changed between last week and tonight. Her heart raced and it was hard for her to concentrate on the drama. "Are you okay, (Y/N)?" Yong Soo asked, leaning forward to look her in the eyes. "Y-yeah. I'm alright," (Y/N) stuttered. Her eyes darted from the TV to the coffee table. Anywhere was better than Yong Soo. "You sure?" the young man asked again, knowing (Y/N) was lying. "Yes, Yong Soo. I'm fine," (Y/N) assured him. Her voice didn't waver at that time. "Okay." The Korean sat back into the couch, allowing his lips to smirk. He had a hunch as to why (Y/N) wasn't herself this time. He had to confirm it, but how?

Finally, the moment came. (Y/N) grew giddy with excitement, drawing up her legs as she watched the main couple steadily move closer and closer, lips just about to touch. "Oh, just kiss her already!" (Y/N) said to the TV. Yong Soo bit his lip to keep from laughing, yet his body shook with it. When their lips finally met, (Y/N) stared in confusion. After they pulled away she blurted. "You call that a kiss?" Yong Soo laughed richly at her reaction. It was priceless. "Isn't that what it's called?" he asked. (Y/N)'s eyes narrowed at the question. "Very funny, Yong Soo. You know what I meant. That was a peck, not a kiss!" (Y/N) said with a pout.

She folded her arms and reclined farther into the couch. "That was so anti-climatic." "Well, what should it have been like?" Yong Soo asked, quirking an eyebrow. He was curious to know her answer. "It needed more--oh, how to put it--" (Y/N) searched for the right word. "More movement. Their lips didn't move at all! There was no emotion, either." Yong Soo laughed again. "Yeah, I guess you're right. The kiss was lacking." He reached for the remote to rewind the episode, pausing it after the kiss. "Do all Korean romance dramas have kisses like this one?" (Y/N) asked Yong Soo. "Most of them do." Yong Soo began. "There are some with more passionate kisses.

Some actors and actresses don't know how to really kiss, though. That's why the classic kiss for dramas is 'the peck', as you like to call it." He looked down at (Y/N). "Did that answer your question?" "Yeah." (Y/N) said as she sat up. "I still don't believe that Koreans know how to kiss." "I can prove it to you." Yong Soo said with a smirk. He leaned in towards (Y/N), placing his face inches away from hers. The blush that covered her cheeks was gratifying. It seemed his hunch had been right. "N-no, that's not necessary." (Y/N) said as she scooted away from Yong Soo. "How else will you know?" The Korean teased as he crawled over her.

(Y/N) floundered for a response. Her shoulder blades hit the arm of the couch. "J-just show me an episode of a drama and I'll be satisfied." She said in a rush. Yong Soo tisked. "That won't be enough for me." His hands captured (Y/N)'s cheeks. Before she could object, his lips captured hers, giving her a "real" kiss. (Y/N) pursed her lips as she tried pushing Yong Soo away in protest. When his fingers wrapped themselves in her (H/C) hair she caved, enjoying the gentle massage of the digits. Her lips gently moved with his as the kiss became a passionate one. (Y/N)'s quiet hums warmed Yong Soo from head to toe. He chuckled as he ended the kiss. His eyes shined down on her tenderly. "Do you believe me now?" Yong Soo asked keeping his voice low.

(Y/N) didn't know what to say. She stared up at him in shock, trying to accept that Yong Soo liked her more than a friend normally would. The look in his eyes confirmed it. She nodded slowly, looking away as her face heated up. "Good." Yong Soo's mouth twitched at the corners. "Now I want you to prove you're attracted to me." (Y/N)'s eyes darted to Yong Soo. "W-what?!" (Y/N) squeaked. "I-I'm not--" "I know you are (Y/N)." the Korean interrupted smirking down at her. (Y/N) flushed scarlet. "Was it really that obvious?" She muttered. "More or less." Yong Soo brushed his nose with hers. "I'm waiting." He sing-songed.

(Y/N)'s heart pounded in her chest as she planted her lips on his once more. It was exactly what Yong Soo wanted. After a few soft embraces, (Y/N) pulled away. "How did I do?" She managed to say as she shifted to sit up. "I'm convinced," Yong Soo said with a smile. He wrapped an arm around (Y/N)'s waist and drew her closer to him, letting her rest her head on his toned chest. "Do you want to finish the episode?" (Y/N) looked up at Yong Soo. "Do you want to?" "It doesn't matter." He said with a shrug. "I've seen this multiple times. It's your choice." (Y/N) answered by reaching for the remote and pushing play.

She snuggled up to Yong Soo as she watched, smiling contently as he absently ran his fingers through her hair. "What are your plans tomorrow?" Yong Soo asked softly. (Y/N) was silent for a moment. "I'm free in the evening." She told him. "How does a date sound?" (Y/N) heard the smile in Yong Soo's tone of voice. She looked up at him, returning the smile. "I'd like that." Yong Soo made the plan's official with a kiss. Their drama night couldn't have ended on a better note.

 Their drama night couldn't have ended on a better note