Prologue

It's that time of the year again. The only thing that change was the nights, which got a bit colder then before. We only had two type of seasons which was wet and dry seasons because we were close to the equator. And right now it was blazingly hot, because of our geological location it never snow but sometimes I'll wish it'll snow to get out of this heat wave [Laughs] But you and I know if it ever snows which is impossible, I'll instantly wish back for the heat wave. It'll take years for my body which was accustom to heat to go in the cold.

All Preschool, Elementary{Primary} and High schools was amidst, without the bickering of students and the shouting of teachers. Am sure the teacher are smiling their heads off for they no longer have to deal with the children until January, and children who is happy without the teachers barking orders at them or forcing them to study.

Unfortunately, The SVG Community College still had exams going on for the Associate Degree students. The CAPE [Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination] Students were sent home to study for upcoming exams. {But you and me both know how's that's going.}

The street of Kingstown will usually be busy with people shopping, selling or getting everything ready to welcome their love one that will be visiting or setting up tents and lights to have a festivities associate with Nine Mornings.

Nine Mornings is a unique Vincentian festivity associated with the Christmas season.  Nine Mornings before Christmas, Vincentians awake in the early hours of the morning and partake in a range of activities, among them sea baths, dances (or in local parlance, fetes), bicycle riding and street concerts in various part of the  island.  In the rural areas, the final morning of the festivity usually ends with a steel band "jump-up" (Where eveyone dance to the beat of the steel pan.) It starts on a 16th and ends on the 24th, starts at 4:00a.m and ends 7:00a.m.

All of this was pretty normal on this little island of St. Vincent and the Grenadines when getting ready for Christmas.

As for me a 16 year old secondary student. I wasn't feeling the Christmas vybz. Most children my age will be happy to be at home to chill with there friends with no care in the world and not worry about homework.

It was different for me, I rather be at school then to be at home. Don't get me wrong am not a lover of school but it was the only place I could go to get away from everything that happens in my life at home. Being a child that is adopted wasn't easy, especially when you're not treated like a child...

My name is Andria William but I now go by the name Smith because of my Adopted parents. Am not proud to carry the Smith surname but what else I can do. My parents are dead and I don't have any relatives, well not any I know off anyway. And the only persons who had agreed to take me in was the Smith's. A loving husband Marcus Smith, a caring wife Clara Smith and two daughters Christine and Katherina Smith.

I was greatful for that, but it didn't take long for them to take advantage this... Because I was good at applying make up although I hated it. I had to attend school with makeup hiding bruises or blue hit marks I've received from them. I never knew the reason why they did it. And I won't dear to ask them.

Every night I'll cried wondering why I was put in this situation, why they're treating me like this. But these are questions that will never be answered.

Its now another Christmas hoilday, last year didn't went well. A lot of mishaps happens some was good and some bad. Hopefully this year isn't the same. But with this life am living, I don't think I'll ever have a good Christmas in this twisted world of mines....