..•°°•..Chapter 6: Moments..•°°•..

"Treasure moments
like photographs,
capture a moment in time.
Cause we don't know when it'll come again."

"Hey Ria guess what I found." Lily shouted as she run towards us.

I cleaned our area as Josh pack the basket with empty containers. I turn to Lily as she showed me a bag of shells.

"Wow nice Lily, Are you going to take it home as a solvernaires?"

She nodded, "Am gonna make a bracelet!"

I look at Lily smiling one of her hand behind her back. I pointed at it, "What's in you're hand?"

"Oh it's a bigger shell." she said showing my the shell.

My eyes widened, "Lily there's something living in their." She look at me confuse, "uhh really?" before she can do anything Josh took the shell from Lily and look at it.

"Yup! She's right." Josh said then look at Lily, "You know what to do right?" he ask.

She nodded and took the shell from her older brother and ran back to the shore, "Their you go, back to where you came from."

Lily may like to chase animals but she don't like harming them. I smile at her as she rest it on the sand.

"Come out let's go." Josh shouted he started to walk off with the cooler and the basket. I pick up the blanket and started walking, Lily ran pass me running towards Josh as he packed the truck.
I look back one last time at the shell, it made a picture perfect image as the water rush up the shore and back.

I smile

I smile. Guess everything went better than I've expected.

"Come on Ria!" I heard Lily shouting. I turn away and started walking towards the truck.

After getting everything packed in the back we drove off..

....

Before going home I passed by Josh to clean myself and change. We had meet Mrs. Evans home cooking. She offered me to stay for dinner but I couldn't. My curfew was slowly approaching and I didn't want to upset my parents more.

As Josh drove, my body had started to feel tired from our activities today. I yawned.

"Hey Andria."

I look at Josh after hearing him calling me by my name.

"What's wrong." I found it weird that he suddenly call my real name.

I look at Josh as he fondle with the staring wheel. He was hesitating and I knew it, I've been around Josh too long not to know.

"Is everything okay?" I decided to ask once more.

He turn to me and smile before turning back to the road, "It's okay. Did you enjoy yourself today?" he ask changing the subject.

I didn't want to force him to tell me what was wrong so I let it go as I reply, "Yeah I did... Lily got me worried though I didn't expect her to run off like that."

"She's still a kid who have a lot to learn. Remember when you were little??" He asked knowing.

I smile knowing he made his point clear, "Yep." I said reminiscing, "I was a trouble kid back then." I said laughing.

"You even got me in trouble." Josh added smiling.

I look at him as he drive, "But you didn't leave my side." I murmured not letting him hear. I avert my gaze and look out the window as and my eyes widened. Not looking away I spoke,

"Hey Josh."

I heard him hummed as I continued, "You mind if we pull over for a moment."

"Sure. " He slowed down and pull over stopping the truck at the side of the road. I got out and he did the same.

"So beautiful." I said. Looking at the sun descending in the horizon. Because of the height we were, dove island could of easily been seen with the naked eye.

 Because of the height we were, dove island could of easily been seen with the naked eye

I smile.

"We only get to see this once in a while..." I turn to Josh as he continued, "We have to treasure moments like these, cause we don't know what will happen."

"Yeah," I said agreeing with Josh.. He was right we don't know what can happen to us.

I look at Josh who murmured something but it wasn't loud enough for me to hear.

"What did you say?" I asked. He turned to me and smiled.

"It's nothing let's go its getting late." He said walking off.

"Okay." I said turning towards the truck to see him getting in and starting the engine.

I entered after and spoke, "Don't forget to stop by the Supermarket for my bike." I said.

"Okay." He said. Driving off. I turn back my gaze to the sunset, I yawned again feeling my eyes getting heavy, a few minutes later I fell into deep yet pleasant sleep.

Written by: Elisha
(Not edited)
Word count: 775

Hope you enjoy😺
&
Comment any mistakes