..•°°•..Chapter 16: Nineht Morning Of Nine Mornings..•°°•..

..•°°•..Snow..•°°•..

I flung out of bed as I held on to my head, "Was it a dream?" I looked around to see no-one. Putting the lamp I took my time as I got off the bed and walked over to the mirror. I lift the oversized t-shirt  to meet a bandage wrapped around my stomach. Slowly, I turn around and realize that it wasn't a dream. Whip marks spread across my upper back. It seems more damage was done at the lower part for it hurt more and it was bandaged

I look at the time on the computer 2:25am. I change my clothes grab some money and quietly I walked out the house. I didn't care what they'll say when I come back. All I knew is, I wanted to be somewhere else other than home. Taking my time I ignore the pain as I walked to kingstown.

Nine morning was still happening but I wasn't it the mood for noise as I walked toward the Cruise ship terminal where a small park was. I let out a sigh as I sat on one of benches that was there. A sudden chill ran up my spin as I brought my jacket closer to my body.

For some reason today felt colder than usually. Something wet suddenly fell on my hand. I look at my hand as the white flakes turn to liquid. I looked up in the sky, "Is it going to rain?" I murmured. I hope not, cause am not ready to go home.

I felt the bench shifted a little as i turn to face the person, my eyes widened as I look at her.

"You're out early." She said smiling.

"Latisha.. What are you doing here?" I asked surprise.

"Well I was going nine morning but I saw you pass by so I followed you."  She explained.

"Why?" I asked.

"Cause you weren't responding when I called out to you." She said.

"Oh you were." I asked she nodded as I apologize.

"Are you okay?" Latisha asked.

I went quite contemplating whether or not to tell her. I sigh then looked around. Latisha and I was the only person here, I turn back to her, "It's better if you see.."

"See.. What are you talking about?" She asked.

Pulling the jacket off my shoulders the cool breeze hit my back as I suck in the air and release it. Latisha broke the silence between us. I pulled the jacket up.

"Ria did they.. Your parents did this?" Latisha asked. I nodded in response.

"Since when?"

"I think it started from the time they adopted me." I said

"But why???? If they were going to do that. Why did they adopt you in the first place?"

"At that time... It was for the money." I explained, "But now I don't know."

Latisha phone suddenly rang as she picked it up.

"But am in the middle of something important...... Fine I'll be there in a minute." She hung up and look at me.

I gave her a smile, "It's okay.. Am leaving just now also."

She gave me a light hug then run off out of sight.

"Guess I'll get going now." I stood up about to turn when someone wrap there arms around me. I tried to fight but the pain and his arms was preventing me from moving.

"Ria it's me."

My eyes widened as I hear his voice. Making me think I'm dreaming but i wasn't as I turn my head and look up to see the face am longing for. He let go of me as I turn to him.

"Josh." I said then hug him.

Seconds felt like minutes as we finally broke the hug I look at Josh, "What are you doing here?"

"I came for you?" He said.

"If you're joking around please stop it's not funny." I said laughing.

Josh the pulled out his phone showing me the clip of me in the room getting beaten by my parents, "I showed my aunt and mother. They weren't so happy about it."

"How did you get that?" I asked.

"When you called me." Josh explained.

Flashback.
Third person POV

With the head phone plugged in Josh played games in the dark, silently cursing everytime he loses.

Without warning Josh felt a tug on his pants as he turn to face his little sister lily holding his phone he took off his headphone as she spoke, "Josh Ria's calling."

"Oh do you want to talk go her?" Josh asked. Lily nodded in excited as he answered the Skype called.

Ria's screamed can be heard as Josh watch Ria being dragged by her mother. Immediately Josh muted the call and turn to Lily.

"Go." Josh said not wanting Lily to witness what's going on.

"But.." Lily said.

"Just go!" Josh said a little louder than before. Lily jumped as she ran out the room closing the door. The place was dark so the chance of them seeing him was minimum.

Without thinking Josh hit the record button as he watch in horror as Andria cried out for help.

Flashback ends.

"I remember pressing some buttons on the computer but I didn't expected to call you." I murmured.

"It happened for a reason and now am here." Josh said. Then suddenly held on to my hand.

"Ria I know it's not the time to say this but ever since I left I couldn't stop thinking of you. Your voice was like music to my ears, you're smile is beauty to me and your eyes, I get lost in them every time I look at it, and it pained me everytime I saw you getting beaten by them I almost went crazy."

Josh took a deep breath as I felt a sudden squeeze from him he continued, "What am trying to say... What I've be meaning to say is I love you."

I look him, my face probably flustered from embarrassment. I took a deep breath and decided to be honest with my feelings. Just like what Latisha told me to do. I spoke, "I've been confused for a few days now... To tell you the truth I even went out with someone else to see if it's true but my feelings for you remain the same. Each time you talk to me at night my heart keeps beating continuously."

"Wait you went out with someone else?" Josh asked surprised.

"Well it was unexpected and.."

I was cut off by Josh suddenly planting his lips upon mines my body froze by his sudden action. The cold was nothing compare to the warmth of his body as I ended up melting in his kiss.

Suddenly I felt something wet drop on my face as we broke the kiss and look up.

Thousand white flakes hit my face as Josh spoke, "No way is it snowing?"

I smile. For the first time in my life am witnessing snow in St. Vincent and the grenadines. Maybe the first in mankind. I opened my arms welcoming it.

I suddenly felt my hand being grab as i look at Josh he spoke, "Come on Let's get your stuff and get out of here."

Written by; Elisha
(Not edited)
Word count: 1204

Hope you enjoy😺
&
Comment any mistakes

Bye bye
💮❄💮