006

R U B Y / Y O U pov

"What is it Stan?" You asked grabbing his hand.

Fear was written all over his face, "I wanted to Uh... let you know that I um think that um well... I Uh like you."

You and Stan stared at each other for the longest time. Saying nothing.

"Gee I'm sorry you probably don't feel the same I'm sor-" You shut Stan up by kissing him.

Eventually you pulled away for air. He smiled at you as you stood up pulling him into the water again.

The rest of the time the two of you splashed in the water, happily.

-time skip-

You and Stan decided to get out of the water and sit on some rocks. The sun was setting. (Forget the curfew, yeah?)

"So are we Uh..." Stan started.

"Dating?" You finished his sentence.

"Yeah." He responded.

"Do you want to?" You asked.

He responded with a nod.

"Then yes." You said with a smile.

You guys watched as the sun set, your head on his shoulder. You were the happiest person right now.

That was until Bowers came back for his revenge.

"Aww how cute, The Jew has a girlfriend!" Henry said, causing you two to turn around.

"G-go away Henry." Stan said sternly.

"God you're just as bad as stuttering Bill!" Henry laughed.

"Leave Henry. Now! Unless you want me to punch you again?" You said trying to sound brave.

"Now baby, that's not gonna happen this time. Boys." Henry said grabbing me by the hair and walking my up the hill to the side of the hill that had rocks jutting out far at the bottom.

If someone were to jump and avoid them, was lucky.

You looked behind you to see Stan with a knife held to his throat.

"Jump, or your boyfriend gets it!" Henry said pushing me towards the cliff. (HMMMM tHiS SouNds sO faMiliAr i woNdEr)

"NOO! Leave him alone!" You screamed.

"Okay honey, all you have to do is jump." Henry chuckled.

You turned around and faced the cliff.

"RUBY NO! DONT DO IT PLEASE. ITS TOO DANGEROUS!" You could hear Stan call from behind you.

"Just in case I die, can I say goodbye to Stan?" You asked Henry.

"No." He said sternly.

"Please Henry!" You begged.

"Fine! 1 minute!" He yelled.

Henry's goons dropped Stan to the floor and you ran over and he embraced you in a hug.

"Please don't do this Ruby. I can't lose you already. Not now. Not ever." (Clay Jensen who?) Stan sniffled.

Was he crying for me. Not important.

"Stan I had to or he'll kill you. Plus, if I jump far enough I'll miss the rocks and land safely in the lake." You said looking up at him.

"You can't take that risk though!" He said sadly.

"Times up fuckers!" Henry said grabbing you by the collar, his goons picking Stan back up.

"I have to!" You called out to Stan.

"Tic toc Ruby, jump or you boyfriend gets cut." He said pushing you towards the cliff.

In that moment you cancelled out the noise of Henry. The noise of Stan screaming. Everything.

You isolated yourself from everything. Closing you eyes, opening them and running towards the end of the cliff.