Chapter 7: No One Can Know

After Bendy's musical number, and after waiting for the ink creatures to finish up what they were doing, we were then presented with Bendy's 'home-y touches'. The rusted and cracked walls were covered in ink splatters and handprints from the ink figures, with oak planks covering the cracks that couldn't be filled. Bendy cutouts were placed almost everywhere in the room, with at least two Alice Angel and one Boris the Wolf cutouts. And the Ink Machine stood in the center. "Ta da! Looks kinda like home, right guys?" Bendy asks his friends beaming his signature smile. "Yeah, I guess so!" Boris says. "Sure does." Alice nods. "What do you guys think?" Bendy turns to ask us. "Uh.. it looks great." I smile, although I didn't exactly think of this as the ideal home environment. "Brilliant! So.. what now?" Bendy asks, now that his decorative mission was complete. "Well, one thing is for certain, no one can see you guys!" Luka says. "But, even if we don't leave, what if someone finds us here?" Boris asks. 

That was a good question. We were only in a withered part of the boiler room and, although barely anyone came in here, it was still easy to access for anyone who bothers to stumble in here. "I'm not sure right now, but.. just.. umm... o-oh! Why not just move the Ink Machine closer to the door? That way, people will think the school finally decided to fill out the room so no one could use it anymore?" I suggest. "Hmm. That does sound like a good idea." Bendy says, placing his fingers on his non-existing chin. "But, what if we want to leave?" Boris asks. "You can't." Luka bluntly says. "Why not?" Alice then asks. "Because.. excuse me for any offense.. but.. you guys aren't really... humans." she says, trying to explain as nice as possible. "We understand that perfectly, but, why would that be a problem? In our world, ain't nobody cares if you were a person, wicked witch, fairy, or even a dang chair!" Bendy says, placing his hands on his rounded hips. 

"Well, even if that's how your world works, none of that applies here in ours; hate to break it to you, but it's different here in our world. Once humans see something they don't understand, they'll do anything to get rid of them to restore 'proper' order. Or, at least most will." Katelyn says. "That sounds like complete rubbish!" Boris says, crossing his arms with a mad expression. "Believe us, we know. But, in order for you guys to be safe, you have to stay here. It's for your own good." I say. "For how long?" Alice asks. "This place isn't exactly safe to call home, even with our additions." "Kawaii~Chan says we should bring them back after we finish school" she suggests. "But to where?" Luka says. "Like we said, we can't exactly bring them to our houses". "Hold on just a second," I said, stopping everyone from speaking. "Bendy, you can turn into an ink puddle right?" I say, remembering a certain trait I gave them. "Yeah, why?" he asks. I then grabbed my backpack and placed it on a patch of ground that wasn't covered in ink, and opened it to pull out a small metal box that I usually bring with me in case I find cute or nice looking stuff that people just leave behind. 

It's been a little thing I don't normally tell people since they usually don't understand. Not even my own Mom understands why. She usually just tells me to throw them away since she thinks I'm just picking up peoples garbage. Then again, like the old saying goes: 'one mans trash is another woman's treasure'! I then walked over to Bendy and placed it next to him. "Can you fit into this box?" I ask. "Hmm. Let me check.." he says. He places one of his feet into the box and slowly deforms into a puddle of ink. His ink trail slowly climbs into the box and sits in it for a few minutes. After a full minute passed, he reanimated into his Bendy form. "Alright, it appears that I can. But, why did I have to do that?" Bendy asks. "Because I thought, if you can turn into an ink puddle, can't you just sleep in a box or something while you stay at one of our houses?" I say. "Hmm... I mean, that could be possible; all three of us could potentially climb in and share the space" he brainstorms. 

"Great, so until we find a better way to solve this, we'll all take turns taking them with us for the night and then bringing them back here during school hours. Then, at the end of the day, we meet up here and pick them up." I explain further of my plan. "Kawaii~Chan likes that idea!" she says. "I guess we can do that." Katelyn says. "But, what do we do if our parents see them?" Luka asks. "They won't. Not as long as we're careful" I say. "Speaking of which, we should probably leave now before anyone sees us still on the property." Luka reminds us. "Agreed. Wouldn't want Vice-Principal Lawrence to give us all pink slips just because he thinks we're smoking or something." I say, rolling my eyes by the thought of it. "To start us of, Aphmau'll bring them with her first, then me, then Katelyn, then Kawaii~Chan. Okay?" Luka says. "Got it!" All three of us agree in unison. But, since the box I brought with me wasn't big enough to hold all of them at once, they had to follow me home still in their physical forms.