Chapter 8

This chapter is going to talk about a new character that has been added to the mix. Hope you enjoy this chapter :)  

Kareem

I’ve been with Ariel for two years. Things have been going good up until about four months ago. Lately I would be at home waiting on her while she was out all night doing god knows what.

I think she is cheating on me but as the saying goes “what’s done in the dark comes to the light.” It is going on two-thirty in the morning and in walks Ariel.

“Where the fucks have you been?”

“I’m not in the mood to argue with you.” Ariel said.

“You’re the one coming home late and you’re not in the mood wow.”

“I had a bad day at work.” Ariel said.

Bullshit Yo ass aint working this late. I’ve been keeping tabs on her. I clock the times she come in everyday for the past four months and when she leaves for work.

“Mane whatever.”

“Sounds like you don’t believe me.” Ariel said.

“Your right I don’t believe you.”

“You know what I’m sleeping on the couch because I can’t deal with this Bullshit right now.” Ariel said.

“Fine go ahead.”

“I will.” Ariel said.

She grabs some clothes from out of the dresser and leaves.

I feel like I should break up with her. My phone rings.

“Hello.”

“Hey man what’s up.” Khalil said.

Khalil is a good friend of mines. We hang out from time to time.

“Nada I’m just wondering how Ariel keeps thinking I’m stupid or sum shit.”

“She came home late again?” Khalil asked.

“Yeah she did mane.”

“Damn maybe yall should see other people I mean you said you think she might be cheating.” Khalil said.

“I think so too. How are things going with you and Keisha?”

“Good we’re getting married in less than one week and I want you to be a part of it.” Khalil said.

“Congrats mane I knew she was the one from the jump. I would be honored to be part of it.”

“Great we meeting up tomorrow for the tuxedo fitting at Desire’s Tuxedo shop at three in the afternoon. Rehearsal will be later that day. ” Khalil said.

“Aiight cool.”

“Alright see ya tomorrow.” Khalil said.

I end the call with Khalil. I decided to listen to the radio. A sad song fills the room and it made me feel angry because I felt like it described me down to a tee.

I turned the off because I didn’t feel like feeling even more depressed than I already was feeling. Ariel and I aren’t even married anyways so why am I tripping. I drift off to sleep.

[Next Day]

I woke up and head to the front of the house, thinking that Ariel would be here. She was nowhere to be found. I head to the fridge to grab a bottle of water. I drink some of it and put it back in the fridge.

Mane I’m kind of tired of Ariel. Lately we haven’t been spending anytime together. I’ve been nothing but faithful to her but I guess that doesn’t mean shit to her.

I find a note on the fridge and it reads: Babe I went out for a bit. I’m sorry for snapping at last night. I’m going to stay with Shaniah for a couple of days to clear my head. I already took my stuff to her house. I think that we need some space from each other. We should talk though.  Love, Ariel

I let out a sigh. Was this her way of saying we are over? I don’t know. I went back to my room. I went in my closet to find some clothes.

I came across a green aero shirt, a white tank top, and some gray slacks. I have to meet up with Khalil at three this afternoon so this gives me enough time to get a workout in.

I go to the bathroom and do my business. I head back to my room and change into the clothes that I had chosen. My phone buzzes signaling I got a text from Ariel and it reads: I think we should talk.