I

Only the prologue was in Jax's p

Only the prologue was in Jax's p.o.v, the rest will be in Ali's, except when necessary to have it otherwise.

Ali-

To say Evan was pissed was an understatement. He was really pissed.

He said he felt 'betrayed' that his mate had offered her hand to another man, and shocked that I could talk so freely about the dead.

'Death isn't a joke.' As he would say.

But I decided to shrug it off and continue with my work.

I was sat at the back of the room, working on my english essay. Evan was sat at the desk to my left, working on his too.

"Great news everyone! We have a new student joining us. This is Jax Andrews. Treat him like you would treat your own friends." He smiled. "Take a seat up the back corner next to miss Teller."

He looked at the seat, not noticing I was there, and walked to it. I could see from my perivial vision that Evan was gripping tightly onto the desk, trying to calm himself down. Jax sat down, pulled out his laptop and book, and immediately focused on the lesson. I looked at Mr Potter and listened to what he had to say

"Okay class, I would like to tell you a story about when I had just gotten used to being an English teacher. I was in the middle of leading a class of 10th grade English students through Piggy’s death scene in Lord of the Flies; The rock, the shattered conch, Piggy’s long fall, the blood flowing out, the twitching legs. The corners of a girl's eyes started bubbling, and the girl dashed for the door. When I spoke with her after class, the student explained that she identified with Piggy. Being studious, fearful of bullies, and a bit of an outsider, and it upset her. She stated that Piggy’s murder was not the symbolic death of order or logic, but the murder of a kid like her." My teacher, Mr Potter said as he sat on his desk. He looked around at all of us with his dark brown eyes.

"I can just see the inspiration beaming off your bodies." He laughed. "Mr Andrews. Maybe you could answer this question. What was the purpose of my statement?" He asked Jax, some of the class-including me-turning to see what he says.

"Well, in my experience with past schools, students spend a lot of time learning academic skills and rarely even talk about the emotional reactions they may have to what they read—even when stories, as they often do, address dark themes. So this 'purpose' is a huge hint for our essay; which is how people react differently due to past traumas as such towards common scenarios." Jax answered, saying it as if he was used to answering these type of questions.

"There. You. Go. You see that? He's not even in here for five minutes, and he punched through half of your grades with a simple answer! Great work!" Mr Potter laughed as he semi applauded him and began writing on the board.