IX

Ali~

Well, I have figured out who Elizabeth is. Now I just need to figure out how to keep her safe.

We have Evan in the spare bedroom upstairs, as he is still passed out. The party is over, it is the next morning, my parents have come back from their trip but have go to work.

Tia said that she will take Jax and Elle out for the day, just to keep them a safe distance from Evan.

"Ali?" I heard Bella call my name. I was sitting on the edge of my bed, thinking about how I have stuffed up since Jax came here.

"Let me see." She smiled as she knelt down in front of me, looking in my eyes.

Oh yeah, we have another problem. My eyes are now silver. My vision is blurred, but Bella said that it will be gone within the next five to ten minutes.

"They suit you." She smiled, trying to cheer me up. She knew I was blaming myself for all the crap that has happened lately.

"I should have just left Jax alone, and then none of this would have happened." I sighed, hating myself more.

"You wanna know something?" She asked as she sat beside me on the bed, then laying down and looking up at the ceiling. I layed down beside her and shrugged. "He's in love with you."

"What?" I replied, unsure of what emotion I was feeling. "No..." I trailed off, unsure about all of it.

"Yes. Trust me. I know what he is thinking when he is around you. The only reason he is putting himself in danger by hanging around you, is to protect you from Evan. Even though he doesn't stand a chance." She said, laughing slightly at the end. I nodded my head in agreement with her last sentence.

"But that's just stupid." I said, still not sure whether or not I believe her.

"Love makes you do stupid things." She smiled. "Take my Phillip for example. He killed himself because he couldn't stand to be in this world without me." She smiled sadly.

I grabbed her hand, intertwining our fingers. She turned to face me, smiling at me as she did so.

"You know, he is two completely different guys. When he is around someone who isn't you, he's all buddy buddy and doesn't even hint towards a relationship. But when he is with you, he's the complete opposite. He makes others envious of how romantic he is towards you." She smiled, squeezing my hand.

I blinked when I noticed that my vision was becoming clear again.

"Why do you stay with Evan?" She asked me out of the blue.

"The only reason I am with him is because without his help with the transition, the medicine he gave me to heal me would stop working. " I said, not a hundred percent sure of that answer.

I looked at her funny when she snorted. "That's a load of crap. I was transitioning for a couple weeks by myself, while I was unconscious in the middle of the forest. He is lying to you, Ali. He's just using you." She sighed.

"What the hell? Why would he use me? I have nothing he wants." I replied quickly in disbelief.

She shrugged, then sat up quickly when she heard banging coming from outside my room. We both got up and looked outside, still hearing the banging. When we saw where it was coming from, I walked over to the door and walked inside carefree. She said she had to make a quick phone call and would be in soon.

"Morning sunshine." I smiled, crossing my arms and leaning on one leg, glaring at Evan as he tugged on the handcuffs that were holding him to the bed.