Hurting || Syatt

Point of view: Wyatt

Rating: Cute, Sad

It hurts. God it hurts so damn much.

Seeing you with him. You both look so happy, and my heart aches even more when I see him touch you.

Wrapping his arms around your waist like I once did, holding you in his arms for comfort, kissing your soft lips like I still want to.

You got over me fast. It's only been three months. You got over me and hooked up with him so fast, it makes me wonder sometimes if you ever actually loved me.

I just.. I can't sit back and allow myself to hurt like this. I need to know that you actually cared once.

And that's why I'm at your front door.

I knock several times, retracting my hands and waiting awkwardly for someone to answer.

At last, the door opened to reveal a not so happy David. Sofia's new boyfriend.

"Why are you here?" He asked sneakily, leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed.

"I need to speak with Sofia. Is she here?" I ask, not giving a shit what he has to say.

"Yeah, but who says she wants to talk to you? She wants nothing to do with you." He snaps, stranding up straight.

He was only a few inches taller than me, but he was definitely more intimidating than I could be.

"Look David, I just want-" I started, but got cut off by him grabbing me by my shirt and pulling me up to look at him face to face.

"I don't give a shit what you want. She doesn't want you here." He spits, dropping me to the ground.

I try to get up, but he kicks me in the stomach, causing me to cry out and fall back to the ground.

"What's going on- Wyatt?! David what the hell did you do?!" I hear a voice screech, then I feel a soft, familiar touch on my cheek.

"Sofia what the hell are you doing?" David's yells, ripping her arms away from me.

"What the fuck did you do to him!" Sofia shouts, trying to push away from him.

He tightened his grip on her arm, causing her to wince in pain as he pulls her closer.

"Tell him you don't want him here." He spat, turning her to face me.

"No." She says, kicking her foot back to kick him where the son don't shine.

"You bitch." He says weakly, dropping to his knee in pain.

"Leave, or I'll make you." She demands, helping me stand to walk inside.

I sit down at the counter as she pulls up my shirt to see the giant bruise forming.

She gasps, "I'm so sorry about him."

I smile at her and shake my head. "It's fine Soph, don't worry about it."

She gently runs her fingers over it, causing me to blush. I look away to hide it, hoping she won't see.

"I have a question." I say, blush fading from my cheeks as the atmosphere becomes more serious. "How did you get over me so fast? I'm still in pain over the breakup, but you moved on almost immediately." I state quietly.

She looks down at her hands and sighs.

"If you didn't love me-" I start, but I'm immediately cut off by her.

"I did love you Wyatt! Hell, I still do.. But when I was hurting, David was there for me and took care of me. I just went with it because I didn't want to hurt anymore." She says, slowly becoming more and more quiet.

"It hurt me. It hurt me so much more seeing you with him. Deep down I wished it was still me hugging you, kissing you, laughing with you, but it wasn't me. It was him." I whispered, looking at the sad expression planted on her face.

I smile weakly and pull her towards me, wrapping my arms around her torso while also burying my face in the crook of her neck.

"I missed this." She whispered, giving into the embrace.

"I missed you." I whisper back, kissing the crook of her neck lightly before pulling away.

"I love you Sophia." I say softly, cupping one of her cheeks.

"I love you too Wyatt."