Fire || Noah Schnapp

Point of view: Noah

Rating: Cute, Do not try this at home

I'm the last one to run out of the burning home, coughing and wheezing. I bend down, trying to catch my breath.

"Guys?" Millie speaks up, causing me to look up at her. "Where's (Y/n)?"

My eyes widen as I look around, not seeing her anywhere.

"She's still inside!" Caleb shouts.

A scream is heard from inside, causing my eyes to start watering.

"No! I can't lose her!" I yell, taking a step forward.

Everyone looks at me with questioning looks.

"I love her! God, I love her so damn much. I am not about to let her die! Not today." I state, causing the group to look at me, dumbfounded.

"Since when did you love her?" Gaten speaks up, Finn walking beside him while nodding.

"That's not important right now. We're running out of time!" I shout, turning towards the house and running inside.

I hear the group calling for me to come back, but I run through the fire anyways. Everything is burning, and it's extremely hot, but I have to get her. I race up the stairs, searching for her room.

"(Y/n)!" I call out, hoping it's not to late.

"Noah! Help!" I hear come from the room next to me.

I reach for the door nob, but quickly retract my hand as soon as it comes into contact with the burning metal. I wince and pull my hand to my chest.

"Get away from the door!" I yell, moving back a bit.

I take a breath, and run at the door, not opening it the first time. I back up again, then slam into the door, causing it to swing open. I move my arm in front of my eyes when they're met with roaring flames.

I look over and see (Y/n) sitting on the floor, so I run over to her.

"I love you!" I say, kissing her cheek over and over again.

I don't let her answer before I sweep her up into my arms and run out of the room. I head for the stairs, only to be met with nothing. The stairs had collapsed, meaning the easy way out was no longer available.

I run to my room, dodging flames the best I can, and set (Y/n) down by the window. I open it quickly, sticking my head out for a moment to take a breath.

"We're almost out." I say, picking her up again.

I get out the window, and slide down the small bit of roofing. It's not a far drop, but I'm not taking any chances right now. I need her.

I set her down once again, and jump off the roof. I'm about to look back up, when something catches my attention. Gas tanks, and a hell of a lot of them.

"You have to jump." I shout to her, holding out my arms. "I'll catch you. I promise."

She hesitates, before leaping off and landing safely in my arms. I run to the front yard, being met with cheers from the group. I keep running, knowing that if we don't hurry, we'll all die.

"Follow me!" I call to them, hoping they won't question it and just follow me.

Once I feel like we've gotten far enough, I turn around to be met with the group coming to a halt as well.

I sit down, hugging (Y/n) tightly. Everyone, including myself, is coughing and out of breath from running.

"Why the hell did we have to-" Caleb starts, only to be cut off by a loud explosion.

Everyone turns around to see the house ten-times worse than before.

"I saw gas tanks. Someone planned this." I wheeze, alarming (Y/n) slightly.

They all start talking about who could have done it and why, while Gaten calls 911. I keep my arms wrapped firmly around (Y/n)'s waist.

"Earlier you said you loved me." (Y/n) says scratchily. 

I smile slightly. "Yeah, because I do."

"This is news to me." She laughs, leaning on my shoulder.

"Yeah, well when the one you didn't know you love is trapped in a burning building, I guess it just kind of hits you." I chuckle, leaning back on the pavement, bring her with me.

She moves her head on my chest and traces the designs on my shirt.

"I love you too." 

A/n: Yeet