5. Story reveal

Adrien/ Chat Noir POV
"I'm gonna do it today Plagg," I jumped out of bed in excitement.
"Any day, kid," I slowly jog to the bathroom. Today was the day I confessed my feelings to Ladybug. Well, as Chat Noir of course.
"My Lady, I am so in love with you..." I run my fingers across her paper face. The poster on the wall doesn't flinch like the real deal.
"Soon..."
___________________________
Marinette/Ladybug POV
"I'm gonna do it today Tikki! If I don't freak out during it, that is," I looked at my Kwami who was munching on a cookie.
"You'll be fine! You can do it, Marinette!" I hug my Kwami.
"You are too cute, Tikki," I tickle her and then I realize she is over a thousand years old. Maybe even five thousand. I leave the house after waving to my parents.
___________________________
"Marinette, you're absolutely sure with this plan?" Alya asked me as I walked down the hall.
"Yes, I have a response that is the exact same copy of what I sent to Adrien. I will read it to him, he'll fall in love with me, we will get married, have three children and pets," I gaze into empty space while Alya guides me towards my seat.
"Hi!" Adrien looked much dreamier and happier than usual.
"H-hi, A-Adrien," I wave back, blushing. I wondered what his excitement was about. The lesson continued, and we made very little remarks. At the end of class, I waited till almost everyone was outside of the room, and I recited,
"Your hair shines like the sun, your eyes are gorgeous green, I look at you and wonder your innermost thoughts and dreams. Yes, your Valentine I will be, our love will be so true, together for eternity, my heart belongs to you," he freezes, turns around like he's seen a ghost.
"That was you?" He asked bluntly. I wanted to kick him or scream. I just ran away instead. I entered the girls bathroom and said,
"Tikki, spots on," I found myself jumping around Paris.
"My lady?!" Chat Noir was standing on a building with his arms folded.
"Not now, Chat," I wipe my eyes once more.
"Are you...crying?" I shake my head.
"No...." He extends the baton next to me and we take a seat on the vacant rooftop.
"What happened? You look heartbroken," I didn't want to think about it. He leans next to me, and pulls me closer.
"I'll tell you what happened. I recited my poem answering my crush's poem but he thought it was from Ladybug me," he looks confused.
------ADRIEN/CHAT NOIR POV-------
That story sounds like what happened with Marinette. I remember watching her run out and I was just standing there, frozen and shocked. I came to, and realized the stories matched up.
"That's weird, I remember a girl doing the exact same thing in my class," I looked at the floor. My eyes widened with realization.
"Her name is Marinette," I looked at Ladybug, knowing who she is.
"Oh-oh. Sounds l-like she reeeeally likes you," I nod at the statement.
"Stop trying to hide it. You know who I am," she cried even more.
"Please stop crying, No! Buginette, please stop, listen!" My sudden outburst made her stop tearing up as she looked directly at me. "I thought the letter was from Ladybug...turns out it was from her, but the REAL her," I explain. She wiped her eyes and stood up.
"Turns out my partner was my crush all along. Who would've guessed?" She stepped closer to me.
"I fell for you twice, bugaboo. I was falling for Marinette as I was in love with Ladybug....look at us. It's pathetic, there's no point in trying to hide it. We are a mess," I wrap my arms around her waist.
"A super mess." Ladybug returned the hug. We stayed like that for a long time.