16. Play reveal

Adrien POV
Ah, another day at school. I take a deep breath in and walk up the stairs.
"Adrikins! ~~~ I want you to sign this–" Chloe tries to ruin my day but I shake my head. Not today, Chloe.
"I told you I hate autographs, Chlo. Try asking Ladybug, I bet she'll be delighted to sign your paper," I stop for a moment and feel the heat of her face as I say this. I'm just done dealing with her shenanigans.
"Hey dude," Nino greets me as I walk through the door.
"Hey Nino, how's it rolling?" (A/N: Not kidding, I learnt it in French class that the cool teenagers say "ça roule," which means "how's it rolling?" In English and it's...so cringey)

"Oh I'm doing great bro, but Alya's not. Look at her blog! It looks like the akuma has decided to show up super early today," Nino whips out his phone and shows me. The blogger seems to be doing dangerous work as she's getting live feed from the fight up close.
"Oh no...Ladybug's alone?!" I ask, knowing the answer.
"Don't worry bro, I feel like Chat Noir is going to step in at the right time. It looks like she's stalling," Nino tries to reassure me, but I know the answer.
"Chat...where are you?" I hear my lady whisper into the sky as she takes a break. I observe the akuma. It's an author who got rubbed the wrong way at a book signing event and she calls herself "The Pendler," she can write anything and it will come true. I'm guessing that the akuma is in her pen.
I've gotta tell Ladybug.
"Lucky Charm!" She yells.
–And fast.
"Uh, I forgot to do something. I'll be right back," I tell Nino.
"But dude–" he starts.
I'm already out the door. I look and see that a building is on fire.
"No," I duck into an empty alleyway. Plagg flies out of my shirt.
"I want cheese~" he says.
"As always, food is on your brain. Plagg, Claws out,"
____________________
Ladybug POV
"Chat Noir, where are you?" I wonder aloud as I look at the lucky charm in my hand. It's a ring. Specifically, Chat's ring. It looks like I need his help for this one.
"Looks like you're all on your own, like I was when my boyfriend abandoned me!!!!" The Pendler takes a swing at me.
"Chat wouldn't abandon me. No, never. We're partners, and we save the day together," I dodge her attacks and swing my yo-yo at her but she writes a sentence and blocks it.
"That's what we thought during our relationship, but after he dumped me, I wrote a book about it and it became Paris' number one bestseller. And then, I see him at my book signing, begging me to take him back? Some boyfriend he was, I made it to the top without his help. Maybe you should do that too, Ladybug. Depending on a man was the worst mistake of my life!" She tries to make me think ill of Chat, but her words don't get to me so easily.
"OI! Lady, you realize you could just use your pen to write the end to this fight, right?! Like just write something about Ladybug losing and like getting her miraculous or whatever," A random civillian yells from the ground.
"Thanks a lot, now I'll erase you from existence, fool," he starts disappearing from head to toe.
"What did you do to him?!" I ask, jumping back with a glare.
"He's gone now. And the same is going to happen to you, right after I write it in the book," she starts writing on the air. I feel my chest getting heavy, and my eyes start drooping.
"Cataclysm!" Chat Noir's voice rings in my ears.
"Ah, you stupid cat!" I see the pen disappearing from her hand and a butterfly pops out.
"My lady!!!" Chat runs to me, worried. I barely have any consciousness as I stand up with his help, and I cleanse the akuma. I wearily yell,
"miraculous ladybug!" And the whole city is back to normal. And then I faint.
___________________
Chat Noir POV
I carry my lady to my friend's balcony. Marinette wouldn't mind, so I set her down on a chair.
"Chat?" She slowly whispers.
"Yeah?" I ask softly.
"Where are we?"
"Just a friend's house," I smile. I start hearing the beeps on my ring get louder, the same with ladybug.
"I have to get going, but she's inside so just let her know if you need anything," I start to turn but she grabs my arm.
"Wait....by any chance, are we at Marinette's house?" She asks.
"Uh...yeah," I awkwardly shift my weight.
"Thank you,"
_________________________
Marinette POV
I wake up in my bed recounting the events last night. The akuma battle was a very long and tiring one. Chat brought me to my house because I almost passed out and I am very grateful to him because of that.
"Wow, you're early," Tikki zoomed out of her sleeping area.
"Yeah. I had the best sleep I've ever gotten because I was so worn out yesterday. Oh Tikki, what would I do without Chat Noir?"
"I agree, he's very honorable. A noble knight indeed!" We laugh and I tickle her. I start getting ready for school and I put on my normal outfit as I head downstairs.
"Wow, you're up early!" My dad greets me and gives me a kiss on the forehead as my mom hugs me too.
I look at the tv and see the news is on. I sit on a stool and start pouring out some milk and cereal.