12. Fanfic reveal

Marinette POV
Lately I have become obsessed with a fanfiction website called Fanfictionnet.ogr. I stay up countless hours working on new outfits as well as Fanfics. Until one day, a new fandom popped up.
"What's that, Marinette?" Tikki asks me as I click on the collection.
"It looks like...A FANFIC OF LADYBUG AND CHAT NOIR???" I horrifically read the summary,
"The Adventures of Ladybug and Chat Noir in love," and the picture of Chat Noir has hearts scribbled over his eyes. In case you don't know it yet, I'm Ladybug, as a civillian, of course.
"This story is rated T, but will be changed to M later...(sigh) What if from the beginning, Ladybug has had a secret crush on Chat Noir? Read this story to find more,"
I look at Tikki and snort out a pig laugh. And then, I click on it.
___________________
Adrien POV
"Chat Noir, Chat Noir, look right now I'm Chat Noir!" I sing to my Kwami as I play on my piano.
"I think you got the words wrong," Plagg ruins my mood. In case you didn't know, Plagg is my Kwami and I am Chat Noir. That sounds really cool...supermodel by day, superhero by night. Even though, I am still a rising star. All of my ads and everything have been cast only through the whole of Paris, and we've yet to go International yet. My fans do make me seem super.
I give up on making my own theme song and go to my desktop to check out a cool new fanfiction site. It's called Fanfictionnet.ogr. Sometimes but rarely, I write fan fictions of my own.

Ladynoir is the new fandom I am interested in, because I ship myself with Ladybug. I love her, and whoever that girl is behind the mask, I love her.
I look at the newest one.
"The Adventures of Ladybug and Chat Noir in love," Plagg nearly spits out his cheese.
"Ew..." And then he flies away to take a nap I guess. I skip past the summary, and I look at the story. It reads:
"Chapter 1: It's Chat Noir!
Hi, I'm Chat Noir and I have a major problem. Many people think that I am a huge flirt and get all the ladies, but that's simply not true! I'm actually very insecure and there is only one girl that I like...or even love. You may think it's unprofessional, but I fell in love with my partner, Ladybug,"
I stop reading and then hop to my piano to practice (for real this time).
"That was some pretty good writing," Plagg hovers over my head.
"I guess, but I feel like that person captured my image too differently," I move my head to the flow of the soft song.
"But you actually do love Ladybug, so that's correct," Plagg eats some more cheese.
"Yes, but I sound..weird," I say, playing softer. Plagg mutters something about something being true but I don't catch it. I see on the news that there is an akuma alert.
"Time to transform, Plagg, Claws out!"
_________________
Marinette POV
I have recently fallen too deep into the rabbit hole. The new fanfic I was reading, "The Adventures of Ladybug and Chat Noir in love," is so good. I hate to admit it, but this fanfic has changed my views on Chat Noir. Whenever I push him away, I never think about how he's feeling...and I should be more considerate of him. I think of him as a best friend, but the more I read, the more I saw Chat's inner monologue. Maybe this story's right. I need to step up and tell him how I really feel!
"Marinette, you should really stop," Tikki sadly hovers above me.
"No Tikki! Not yet, one more chapter!" I groan.
"Ugh, that's what you've been saying for the past 2 hours," Tikki points at my clock which now reads 6:10.
"Chapter 13: Us against the world
Ladybug POV
"Chat, I thought you were going to die!" I rush and hug him from behind.
"Don't worry Milady, I'll never leave you behind," he speaks close to my ears, and for awhile my old thoughts of him subside.
"I can't stand the thought of losing you. I'm sorry Chat, to make it up to you....how about we go on a date?" I ask. Oh gosh, I wasn't thinking. What if he gets the wrong idea? Well it doesn't matter, it's just a small celebration.
"Sure, my lady,"
"Bye then, see you tomorrow at 7, on the Seine bridge!" I take my leave, and as I swing away I can't help but stare at the expression on his face. He looks...sad."
I blush a little now. My thoughts and feelings are so well-conveyed! Since people actually can't figure what I'm thinking half of the time, it's refreshing to see the work of someone that tries to really dig deep into Ladybug's character. I'm real, but this feels too real. Considering my real feelings about  Chat are completely-
"Marinette!" I shake off my thoughts.
"Huh? Oh sorry Tikki, I was deep in thought," I explain. My Kwami gives me a disappointed look.
"There's an Akuma outside!" Tikki points outside, showing me a swirl of blue dust covering the area.
"Tikki, spots on!" I transform and immediately rush outside, swinging upwards to avoid the blue dust.
"Just in time Milady, time to prevent another cat-astrophy!" Chat uses his baton to land on a telephone box (when did that get there?). I go to my default eye roll, but ever since I read "The Adventures of Ladybug and Chat Noir in Love," I realize how inconsiderate and cold I really am to my partner. I should start thinking about him and how he feels when I start talking. Even though it's a piece of fiction...it still offered good advice on how to treat friends. Chat is a very good friend of mine, a best friend. So I give him what he really deserves, a smile. I warmly offer one, making him blush in return. Ah, pure fluffiness. Ugh, what am I saying?! "I am already in your head, Ladybug," A voice of a creepy woman echoes inside my head. The sound is hitting all of my chambers, causing me to feel dizziness.

"Chat, she's in here!" I suddenly warn him, pointing to my head.
"Who and what? Lady, what and when did who get in-"
"Nevermind that, just get away! She'll get into your head!!!" I warn him once more.
"Let's make a bargain. You give me fanservice and I'll give you a good story. Listen to all my commands and maybe I'll consider letting you keep your miraculous," she talks to me, but I can't tell where it's coming from.
"Ladynoir is life," a woman under the blue dust's influence pounces on me and another person grabs Chat's tail.
"Milady....what's happening?" He asks confused.
"I don't know Chat...I think that we are being pushed together for the sake of the ship," And then we are pushed together again.
__________________
Chat POV
"A shipping akuma....use your lucky charm!" I tell her.
"I can't...my arms are tied down," she struggles but somehow we are restrained by ropes?
"LADYBUG AND CHAT NOIR..ANY FUNNY GAMES AND I WILL TAKE YOUR MIRACULOUS RIGHT NOW!!!" The voice of a loud woman booms around the city. Her servants have seemed to positioned themselves to easily grab our miraculouses.
"Fine, you win! We'll do whatever you want. Just please, show yourself!" Ladybug yells at the sky.
"Ugh, fine," the woman scoffs and then just flies out of a building. She appears to be wearing normal clothes, but everything is color coordinated. An object of the akuma could be the bracelet she's wearing.
"Now...hug," all of sudden, our hands are free and there is a giant circle of people under control surrounding us.
"Lady-bug?" I ask confused as she wraps her arms around me. My tail stands up tall before it sinks back to normal. I return the hug.
"Just listen to what she says...and move closer," Ladybug whispers.
"Ah! Wonderful, now kiss..on the cheek first and then on the lips," the lady demands.
"Don't worry kitty..." My lady kisses my cheek and then hovers over my lips, with eyes filled with sadness.
"No, I won't let you kiss me under these circumstances. It's not right. You can't just force people to kiss whenever you feel like it!!!" I scold the lady.
"Well, I never! Hmph, I never needed you anyway. Typewriters, grab them!" She demands them. Ladybug and I immediately fend them off.
"Typewriters, freeze," Milady demands. They stop.
"It worked!" I gleefully hop to the woman and grab her bracelet.
"A present for you," I give it to her and she tears it apart.
"Thanks, kitty. Time to devilize! Gotcha, bye bye little butterfly!" We fistbump each other. I then realize we didn't use our powers, so there is no time limit on our miraculouses.
"What happened?" The lady asks.
"You were under an akuma, but don't worry, you're fine now," Ladybug tells her.
"Oooh, this makes me worse than all of the other akumas Hawkmoth sends out. Sorry for the trouble. I think it's because I was running out of ideas for my fan fiction, "the Adventures of Ladybug and Chat Noir in love," she explains.
"Wait, you wrote that?!" We ask in sync.
"Yes...but I'm a little upset that you wouldn't reveal your identities to us." She stares blankly.
"I think this would be an appropriate time...." Ladybug says suspiciously.
"What are you saying?" I ask her as she looks me straight in the eye.
"I was pulled into a random window of time where for twenty minutes, I learnt everything about the both of us. And needless to say, I am shocked. And your consciousness was there, lady. You made me read some crazy Fanfics and in the process, I even learnt both of our identities, Chat," and it was at this moment I fainted into milady's arms.
____________________
Ladybug POV
After today's adventures, I am exhausted. I take my kitty to the balcony and wait for the transformation to wear off. I never could believe that Adrien and Chat were the same person when the signs were there, and I still can't believe it! To make it less suspicious, I go into my room and drag the blond inside with me, anxiously waiting. And then he jolts awake.
"Milady, don't eat that-! Where am I?" Chat looks around my room, (don't worry I was smart and removed all the pictures) and I beam at him.
"Marinette's room? My lady....you know Marinette too?! Oh, it's a small world, this is great!" I take this moment for a facepalm and groan as I try to explain it.
"Adrien, I'm Marinette, see?" I say.
"Spots off," His expression is the best part about this whole thing.
"Plagg, Claws in," he detransforms.
"Eeep!" I have an instinctive reaction with a huge blush and I jump back a little.
"Sorry, I'm still not used to that.." I nervously giggle.
"Yeah...so what do we do now?" He asks.
"Ice cream?" I ask.
"Sure, sounds good," Adrien smiles.
"BLECH, get a ROOM!" His black Kwami flies over, interrupting.
"Plagg, stop ruining this moment, come with me!" Tikki zips over and pushes him away, leaving us alone.
"Sorry about that," Adrien looks over at his Kwami with a scary expression on his face.
"That's fine, and I know the perfect place to go get ice cream,"