11. Parents reveal (spoilers for season 2!)

Marinette POV
Concealing my secret is getting harder and harder with helping my parents out part time at the bakery and having rigorous study sessions with my friends, being a superhero is just a blast! Although, my partner Chat Noir is one of the good things that comes from it. Now we have to pinpoint who Hwakmoth is. I thought I had a good lead on Gabriel Agreste, but a guess I was wrong...after he got akumatized of course.
"Marinette!" The teacher calls.
"Present!" I stand up quickly and sit back down.
"Check this out," Alya shows me a video of the superhero Ladybug (my superhero identity),  snatching a purse off of an akuma and ripping it to find the evil bug.
"Cool," I sigh and smile a little seeing her excitement. What if she knew it was really me?
"I know! Ladybug is like, one of the most coolest heroes ever!" Alya fangirls, and then an even more unexpected person joins in the conversation.
"I know, right? She's super awesome and knows how to stay cool even under pressure!" My golden button turns around and I see a glint of hope shining as he talks about....me? Or rather, Ladybug.
"Her partner is also pretty cool! Chat seems to know what to do, and a more distraction type of guy," Alya retorts. Adrien nods his head.
"I heard that they almost revealed themselves to each other in more than one occasion. It's a guarantee, that one of these days, they will get revealed," Adrien's words stun me.
"Wh-why would you think that? Sure, they do a lot of reckless things, but you don't really think they'll accidentally reveal their identities, do you?" I ask, blushing a little because he's my crush.
"I don't know, it's just a matter of time," he suddenly has a serious look in his eyes. He then notices my expression.

"But we don't need to worry about them! We just need to worry about our safety as civilians and help them out in any way we can!" His sudden cheerfulness makes me want to jump on him and hug him.
"Right," Alya gets back on her phone, ending the conversation and making us turn back to the lesson.
__________________
Adrien POV
"Nathalie? What's going on? Where are you taking me?" She guides me towards the giant painting of mother.
"Mother...." I look at the painting more closely. Nothing out of the ordinary there.
"Adrien, everything you see here is to be kept a secret from here on out. Your father has something important to tell you and I will advise you to stay quiet and listen." Nathalie seems more ticked off today. She's just so...stiff. I know how to act around my father, as our interactions are minimal throughout the day. But what happens next surprises me.
Nathalie puts her fingers on little speckles across the painting and draws a zig zag pattern with them. And then, as she pushes the painting down like buttons, I find myself descending in a tube-elevator. I find myself in a lair filled with white butterflies. A giant window is in place. And then I see the book I borrowed right in the center of the room, on a table in the middle. There is also a box sitting next to it. No matter how many facts push me to the truth, I refuse to believe it. I refuse to believe that my father is Hawkmoth.
I walk closer to the table and as I attempt to open the box, a voice stops me.
"Son,"
__________________
Marinette POV
"Darling, we must tell her!" I hear the voice of my mother, as I walk through the main hallway. I quickly hide behind the wall.
"We shouldn't! Do you know how crazy we'll sound?!" I hear my dad's voice as well. I feel like a bad daughter for eavesdropping.
"Marinette, don't do this..." Tikki whispers with a warning tone.
"Be quiet, Tikki," I whisper back.
"It'll sound crazier coming from my parents," my mom continues. I wonder what it could be.
"Fine. You win. Marinette! We need to tell you something!" My dad calls for me as I stumble like I ran down the stairs.
"What is it?!" I pant, like a ran a marathon.
"It's about the miraculous," my mom folds her arms.
"What about them?" I run my nose, in fear for my earrings.
"You see, there are many different types and kinds and your father and I know more than the average citizen,"
"What are you getting at?" I ask, noting the hints.

"In our families, we have had a history of miraculous holders. More specifically, a Ladybug and Cat miraculous in both households passed around the ought different generations with the exeption of a couple others mixed in. Surely, we have never had ownership of them ourselves, we just know of it," my mom finishes. My dad decides to add on:
"The miraculous dates back centuries ago, and I know that somewhere along the line in my family, there was a Ladybug and Chat Noir who was my something great grandparents," I nod my head, sounds about right.
"It's the same case for me. I think that all Ladybugs and Cats have ended up together," my mom suddenly retreats to grab a tray full of cookies, cool enough to eat.
"All except for one pair," my dad smirks. I kinda exploded on the inside. Me and Chat Noir would never love each other like that. We're best friends, that's all. I initially thought that my parents knew. All the signs were there, and I guess the magic keeps me well hidden.
"By the way, where did you get those earrings, Marinette? I don't remember you buying them," Mom asks. Aw, crud.
"These?! Oh, I got them with Alya! When we went shopping together! Yeah..that's it!" No one questioned my strange behavior and my mom shrugged it off.
"You really think we didn't notice?" My father asks in a dark tone.
"What do you mean?!" I ask back.
"We know, honey." A hear a scream from outside.
"You know what to do," my dad pats me on the back and I run to my room.
"Well that conversation took an interesting turn. Time to transform. Tikki, spots on!"
___________________
Adrien POV
"Son," my father's voice echoes through the room.
"You're Hawkmoth?!" I gasp with disbelief.
"Was the box not clear enough?" He asks, before I hear a wicked laugh.
"Listen Adrien, I will stop at nothing to get my hands on the Ladybug and Cat miraculous, nothing! And now that you know, how about I unleash an akuma?!" I feel so sick. I resist the urge to throw up and I calmly walk to the door to speak with Plagg.
"Adrien, do something!" My Kwami quickly orders.
"No, I can't. Ladybug would kill me. For now, I'll stay like this and learn more. I'll leave a voice message for her later, this is an opportunity. Although, I am shaken up a little," what an understatement. Plagg sees me and his eyes fill with concern.
"Hard to imagine. Take care of yourself, kid," he flies back to his hiding place in my shirt.
"No, dad," I scream suddenly.
"Son, what's the matter?" Hawkmoth turns to me. I can't even think of him being my dad anymore.
"I won't let you get away with this!" I run back to my hiding place and transform.
"Plagg, claws out," I whisper.
"Chat Noir? What are you doing here?!" He asks. I look around trying to find help. Oh yeah, I can lead him outside and call Ladybug in the process. Great going, me.
"I'm here to stop you, you've been a bad birdie, Hawkmoth." I say as I dodge his staff.
"Cataclysm!" I get rid of the window.
I then jump from building to building until reaching the top of the Eiffel Tower. I then decide to leave a voice message for my partner.
"Ladybug! Hawkmoth is Gabriel Agreste and I think this is our final battle. We're facing him head-on!" I end it there, and find a place to detransform out right there. I give Plagg some cheese and become Chat once more. This is going to be our biggest battle yet.
__________________
Ladybug POV
I swing through Paris, knowing something is horribly wrong. I open up my yo-yo and I see I have a message from Chat Noir. I listen to it and start to head to the Eiffel Tower right after.
"Hello, my lady," he doesn't mean down to kiss my hand, which worries me.
"What's happening?! I could've sworn I heard an explosion," I ask. Chat shakes his head.
"That's his flock of akumas. They are all   dark and he can akumatise anyone with  negative emotions," I nod. I look and see that my kitty has the look of pure terror in his eyes.
"Are you okay?" I ask him.
"No. I saw it. I saw him transform with my own eyes," My eyes widen at this statement. No way.
"I just told my parents I'm Ladybug. Does that help?" I say. Chat freaks out.
"You did what?!" He practically yells.
"I see you two! Now to find my victims...." Hawkmoth laughs and flies closer. I hold Chat bridal style and start hopping from building to building. We reach the school.
"Ladybug, this is not good. First you basically gave your parents the right to be put in danger and now we endanger the school?" He says. One look at me and he gets it.
"Plenty of places to hide. Not bad." I roll my eyes and we make our way to the inside. Hawkmoth didn't follow us, but I know he'll get here.
"Listen, I think he knows who I am, under the mask. I think I should tell you beforehand, so you don't freak out," he tells me, I nod my head.
"And I'll tell you to make it fair," I reply.