1

Reaping Day.

Scared. Everyone in district 5 was scared, I wasn't. 

If I got pick then I am gonna win this year hunger games, I'm not scared of killing. If I die in those games then so be it.

"Alice, come on. I put a dress on your bed for you." My mother said, I went into my room and put on the dress. It was white and simple. 

I walked out of my room and to where my mother was. "I hope you don't get pick sweetheart." My mother tells me, 

"If I get pick then I get pick, If I do I will win and bring this district pride." I say to her, 

"I don't want you going through those games, I will not lose another child." She says, I walk up and hug her. 

"Mom you will not lose me." Before she could response the horn blared letting every child know to go in center hall where the reaping happens. I look at my mother one last time before leaving my house heading towards center hall. The second horn blares to let the adults know to come to the center hall. 

After I get my finger pricked I walk towards the area where the girls my age stand. Everyone waits for a little moment before a woman in bright colours come towards the microphone. 

"Welcome everyone to the 72 Hunger games, we have brought to you a video all the way from the capital." The woman says and points towards the giant screen right beside the sage. They play the video every year, I don't understand why they won't change the video just the tinniest. Since the video is replay every year. 

I am snapped out of my thoughts when the woman speaks up, "I just love that video, and now the moment you have all been waiting for us to select a courageous young man and woman. As usually we will start with the ladies."  The woman walked towards the bowl on the right which has the girls name in it. The woman places her hand in and grabs one slip from the bottom of the bowl then walks towards the microphone. 

The woman rips the slip open then takes a breath before reading out the name. 

"Alice May." The woman says, I look at the stage. My lips turning to a smirk, I walk towards an aisle. I hear a few girls let a breath of relief that it wasn't them picked. I walk towards the stage with four peacekeepers around me. I walk up the steps towards the woman. 

I stand on her right and she says into the microphone, "And now for the boys." , she walks towards the bowl on her left and grabs one off the top then walks back to the microphone. "Alex Daniels." I see a boy with brown hair walk up, he doesn't look scared he has more of a anger look on him. The woman brings him over and makes him stand on the left of her. 

"And here we are! Our tributes from District 5." The woman says, I turn towards Alex and shake his hand while our district cheers for us. 

We get leaded away into the building. We were put into a room where we wait for our family to come and see us. 

We stood in silence before Alex spoke, "We're gonna die." 

I glance at him and make eye contact with him, "I won't go down without a fight." I tell him. 

Before he could say anything both our families come rushing through the doors, My mother hugged me tightly. "Win Alice, please come home to me." My mother says, 

"I will mom, I promise." I whisper to her. The peacekeepers come in letting us know that it's time to go to the train. I kiss my mother cheek before leaving the room following the peacekeeper. 

When we exit the building the whole district is there cheering us and giving us hope that we might win. After we got on to the train we left to the capital. 

"I assume you children do not know my name which is Foxy." The woman said, 

I stared at her confused on why she told us her name cause it's not like we are gonna remember it if we die. "We will be in the capital tomorrow afternoon" Foxy tells us, 

"When can we watch the other reaping's ." Alex asks, 

"In a few hours. I have to go find Zart, he is your mentor." Foxy says getting up and leaving the room. 

"Zart won the 64 hunger games." I hear Alex say, 

"That's amazing." I tell him, 

"Why did you move to district 5?" Alex asks,

I stare at him completely shocked, "How did you know I move to district 5?"

"Everyone knows Alice, now answer my question." He tells me, 

"When I was 7 I lived in district 12 , my father and brother were both still alive. My father did not support the games so he stopped going to work and started riots in the district. Snow had him killed and he moved us to a different district so no more riots would start." I said, 

Alex nods before saying, "I knew your brother before he was put into the games. Very kind and nice to everyone" 

I smile in memory of my brother. So nice and a joy to be around but he was too young to be in those games. My brother was placed in the 69 hunger games, he was twelve.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when a man came into the room. "Hello, I'm Zart. I'm gonna be helping you along the way with fighting and surviving skills."

"I'm Alex and this is Alice." Alex says, 

"When can we eat?" I ask,

"Lets go to the diner cart." Zarts says and walks to another area with Alex and I following him. We eat in silence, they bring out dessert and I ask, "How do we get sponsors?"

"Get people to like you." Zart tells me, 

"How do I do that?" I say, 

"Well when your at the capital look like your happy to be there representing your district. Make yourself look strong. Don't show any signs of weakness before the games." Zart tells us both. 

I look at Alex with a smile on my face. "That's gonna be easy for me." 

Everyone in the room laughs. I stand up and walk to the room I'm staying in for the night and watch the other district reapings.

At least half the tributes will be kill in the blood bath, the other half seem like they won't go down without a fight. I hear someone knock on the door before entering. 

"It's time to go to bed sweetheart, I want you to get a good sleep tonight." Foxy says, I nod and turn off the little TV and lay in my bed. Foxy closes my door and I hear her footsteps go farther away from my room. 

I close my eyes and let the nightmares take over.