7

Victor

When Alice woke up she was blinded by lights, hearing a voice from the side of her she saw Foxy and Zart sitting in chairs by her bed.

"He's gone isn't he?" Alice asks in a weak voice, Zart and Foxy looked at the broken girl laying on the bed with pity and nodded.

Alice let tears fall from her eyes. The pair left the crying girl to mourn the loss of her first love.

Five hours later Foxy force the girl awake, "Sorry Alice but you have to be in the dressing room."

"Why?"

"You have an interview with Ceaser Flickermen then President Snow will crown you a victor."

Alice got up and went to the dressing room. Hours went by as her hair was curled and her makeup was only eyeliner, mascara, blush, and nude lipstick. Alice was given a dress that showed a 'bit' of her boobs.

Walking out she stood on the edge of the stage waiting to be called on by Ceaser Flickermen.

"Now we are here for one special person, a young lady who has become a victor with a sad story. Please welcome Alice May!" Everyone in the audience clapped, some wiped their tears away seeing the beautiful victor

Alice sat down in the chair and the interview started. "Hello Ceaser." Alice smiles,

"Good evening Alice." He greets her, "How do you feel as a victor?"

"It feels wonderful, I avenge my brother. I made my family proud." Alice says,

"Now that wonderful, Isn't it?" He asks the crowd, getting cheers all around the room, "Now I'm sure everyone was deeply sad when Alex passed away. Can you tell us how you felt?"

"I was and still am sad, Alex was my first love and you never forget your first love. I'll be honest, I don't know what he was thinking when he took the knife to the stomach."

Ceaser nods and looked out at the crowd and saw tears in everyone's eyes, "I think it was an act of love Alice."

Alice nods and they finish up the interview and Alice goes over to President Snow. Looking out Alice notice that she was in the same area as the tributes parade.

President Snow gave a speech then walked over to Alice, making her stand he crowned her victor of the 72 hunger games. The youngest female ever. Alice felt a pit in her heart grow, she lost someone she loved. Nothing would be okay now, things are going to be different from now on and Alice didn't know if she was ready or not.

<Time Skip To District 5>

When she got off the train she heard everyone in District 5 cheered the only people who didn't cheer was Alex's family, his younger sister looked up at her pity and sadness but his mother looked up at the young girl with anger.

Alice spotted her mother through the crowd and ran to her. When they embrace the two cried in each other arms. Her mother was happy she was home but sad that her daughter's heart was broken.

The pair walked to the victor's village. Looking in amazement at their new house.

Alice decided to go to Alex's house, making her way to the house she knocked on the door and his younger sister opened up the door and let the girl inside

"How did I know you would be at the door." His mother spit,

"Lucky guess." She tells her,

"You killed my son."

"I did no such thing." She glares at his mother,

"You let him die!" She yells at Alice,

"I'm sorry okay! I wish I could go back and take the knife in the stomach and died instead of him. I wish I could have him back. He should be alive instead of me. I get it, you hate me." Alice says, "But you didn't watch the life leave his eyes! I did! Whenever I close my eyes I see him! I see everything on repeat!!"

With tears in Alice's eyes she felt small arms around her leg, looking down she saw his younger sister. Dropping to her knees she hugged the young girl.

Looking up at his mother she saw tears in her eyes, "I'm sorry for letting your son die. I wish I could change the ending he had." She mumbles and walks away.

Going back home the young victor stood at her bathroom mirror, she didn't like what she was seeing, she saw a scared crying little girl with blood all over her. The blood of the lives she took. Closing her eyes and letting out a shaky breath she reopened her eyes. A scream left her mouth, the people she had killed in the games stood behind her.

"Alice?!" Her mother screamed, "Are you okay?" 

She turned to look at the door and then back at the mirror, no one was around her. 

The worse part was that Alex stood with the group of the dead that she killed. With a glare on his face.