Tributes Parade

I woke up startle from a knock on my door, and the door opens showing Alex walking into my room.

"Hey um Foxy told me to come get you for lunch since you slept through breakfast." Alex says,

"Okay, I'll be out in ten minutes." I tell him, Alex then leaves my room and I get up and walk to the washroom. I turned on the sink and splash water onto my face to wake me up, I dried my face using a towel before exiting my room.

"Good afternoon." Foxy says to me, I nod at her and look out the window to see the capital coming into view.

"How long until we're there?" I ask ,

"Twenty minutes, now come and eat" Foxy replies,

I sit down and eat listening to everyone conversation. Around fifteen minutes later I see a bunch of people in bright colours waiting to see the tributes for this year games.

"Okay so look happy to be here." Foxy says to Alex and I, 

We walked out of the train and everyone in bright colors cheered seeing the district five tributes. Alex and I were soon brought into a waiting room. We sat in silence until a woman who had very fluffy  hair came in a took me into a bathroom. 

"Take off your clothes." The woman said, I looked at her like she was crazy. I waited a few seconds before sighing and started to take off my dress. 

After I was undressed she pushed me into a bathtub and started to wash my hair and my body. I felt so awkward during that moment. After those horrible moments I was told to put on a hospital grown. 

I was taken to a area with walls that blocked me from seeing the other tributes. I was told to lay down on the table, they then waxed my legs, plucked my eyebrows, cut my hair in some areas and then sent me off to my stylist. 

"Hello." A man said walking into the room I was placed in, 

"My name is Cent, I'm here to help you look stunning." Cent said, 

Suddenly a man and woman walk in with a dress and a suitcase. I was placed in a chair and the man got started on my hair while the woman started my makeup. 

A few painful hours later I looked at myself in the mirror, I saw a compete different girl. I felt pretty. I was wearing a black dress that somehow had yellow sparks coming out on the bottom and the back, and a smokey eye for makeup.

"Come along child." Cent says to me, I follow him towards the chariots. On the way we meet up with Alex and his stylist. Alex hair was gelled back and he was wearing a black tux that had yellow sparks coming out on the back of his tux.

"Damn Alice you look hot as hell." Alex said looking me up and down, 

"Thanks, your not so bad yourself." I say laughing, 

We arrive to the chariots and stand right next to the horses. "The sparks will light when you two are in the middle. Do something to help make you two stand out, got it?" Zart said to us, 

"Got it." Alex and I answer getting up and on the chariot. I look around seeing all the tributes, I smirk to myself. I am one hundred percent sure I am going win. I was pulled out of my thought when our chariot starting to move. I held my head held high smirking to everyone around. Soon we were close to the middle. I felt a hand reach out and grab mine. 

I look over to Alex and saw him already looking at me, he glanced down at my lips then back to my eyes. We both lean in and kissed. The sparks started. Everyone went wild, We pulled back and held our hands up.  

Everyone in the crowd eyes were on us, even some of the tributes looked at us in amazement. As soon as we got to the front where President Snow was waiting to gave his speech. 

"Welcome." He rises his hands to calm the crowd down, once they do he continues.

"Welcome. Tributes, we welcome you. We salute your courage and your sacrifice." Everyone in the crowd went wild making me think they were all crazy, I look over at Alex seeing that he is thinking the same thing.

"And we wish you. Happy Hunger Games. And may the odds be ever in your favor." And with that the horses pulled us off to our stylists. Alex got off the chariot first then held out a hand for me to take. I took his hand and he helped me off, I heard cheering and I looked over to see our mentors coming over. 

"That was quite a show you two put on." Zart told us, 

"We going to be the talk of the capital." Foxy smiles, 

"Good job you too." Both our stylist said,  

We thank them and we leave to our floor. We ate dinner in silence and then went to our rooms to sleep. I stayed awake, I couldn't sleep. That stupid kiss was on my mind. Was is for show or was it real. I slammed my head against my pillow and sighed

I heard someone knock and walk in. "Yes?" I ask,

"Can't sleep?" Alex questions, 

"Nope, I assume you can't either." I say and he shakes his head, "Why can't you sleep?" 

"Cause in a few days I'm going to be dead and there's nothing I can do about it." he tells me then looks away.

I stand up and walk over to him, hugging him as soon as I got in front of him

I stand up and walk over to him, hugging him as soon as I got in front of him. "Alex I will help you get out of this. Even if it kills me, you deserve to go home to be with your family." 

I feel him wrap his arms around my waist and place his head in my neck. "I wish there could be two victors, we could go home together." I hear him mumble. 

I completely agree with him on that. 

Hello! Thanks for reading my book. Hopefully you are enjoying it. Let me know in the comments what you think.