Ch.1 Earth's Fall

Max's pov

"Fall back! Fall back!" Jackson, the commanding officer of the fortress, orders. The stone walls echo with gunshots, blades clashing and growls of the dark creatures ahead of us. 

With my gladius, blazefury, I strike down a yeager class void beast, bringing my blade down hard into its underbelly. I look up and jump back as a spear impales the ground where I stood seconds ago. 

"If we retreat, we will be stuck in the lab!" I yell, looking around I see the last of humanity falling, we don't much of a choice. I curse under my breath, things are going from bad to worse. I swing my blade around and slice a mantis like creature in half.

I whip around and run into the lab, our last defense, at full force and grab my M1911 and fire it into the crowd of beasts and humanoid things alike to give suppression fire for the others retreating. The doors close as some are left behind when I fell back. 

"What the h*ll! There are still people out there!" I yell at Jackson, who has a regretful and angry expression. 

"We have no choice! If we open those doors we will all die!" Jackson retaliates as he points at the doors. The sounds of fighting die down as its clear that those who didnt make it perished. I look down in defeat.

"There is just fifteen of us left." Someone says next to me. I look up and see he is right, there is only fifteen left of us.

"Barricade the doors, we must stand!" Jackson barks orders again, I walk over to the only researcher here. A old friend of mine who studied bound warriors and void lords alike.

"Think we can make it? Through the gateway I mean." I look over to the gateway that will transport us to another dimension. I used to go through these gates so many times before but they still leave me on edge.

"Not likely, since I'm on my own to start it up, chances of survival is 7.82%. Chances are, we get incinerated on the way." He warns everyone. so even our only hope is a danger.

"Than what are we supposed to do then?" Jackson demands.

"I-its the only way sir, im sorry." Ian says, stuttering as he re-adjusts his glasses shakily. He doesn't take pressure easily.

"Alright then," He points a finger at Ian, "But if anyone dies your responsible! Alright people we are moving out! Ian, get the gateway online." He orders as he grasps his rifle and turns to the door.

It took some time before the gateway got online, Ian researched bound and void weapons, he never really knew how well the gates worked but is still trying the best that he can as he goes through the process, visibly shaking. But he got the gate online, we are supposedly going to a secondary base within the dragon ball dimension.

The gateway lights up a light blue. It waves and distorts the other side of the wall. There is a feeling in my stomach, fear. I rub my eyes, how many days have I stayed up for now without rest? lets see, our final offense was a catastrophe, it toke place in July and its now September. "Two months without sleep, how am I even standing?" I ask to no one in general.

"Pure willpower." Ian says as he walks past me into a side room that overlooks the main room.

A banging reckons from the door and it dents inwards as the void beings try to break through the door. The group of soldiers fall back and huddle near the gate, wanting to leave as soon as possible.

People start walking though the portal, I'm second to last to leave. 6 People remain on earth, 3 people remain on earth, then its just me and ian.

There is an eerie silence, that follows. I can't believe it comes to this. "Hey ian, aren't you coming?" I see him doing something in the control room. More specifically I see him messing with some C4.

"Im sorry max, but no." He responds to me quickly.

"What do you mean no!? Come on, there is nothing else here! We have to go!" I try to ease him into coming. I swear the banging on the door gets louder with every minute.

"Max. . . I ain't picking up their vitals." Ian reluctantly informs me. I feel my face going white. Me and ian are the only humans left from our world. After moments of silence he speaks again "Max, someone needs to make sure the gate closes, you know those doors wont hold forever." He trys to reason.

"No! if the others are dead then-then the gates don't work anymore, we can't use them!" I argue.

"They work, you just gotta like your odds." He says to me, Its my old saying, if the odds are against me, for some reason I can still win even the most impossible battle.

"Here take this." He throws a belt at me, when I catch it, I realize its a utility belt. "Its suited to be of the most use to you, so it should help you on the other side." This really is goodbye.

Tears swell in my eyes,"goodbye my frie-" Boom! the doors that lead to the lab are blown open. I move back towards the portal, and summon out my sword, blazefury. I put myself on the defense. One of the creatures swings its claws at me which I block with by sword, chipping its claw. Then another yeager class leaps at me an it tears a hole in my lower abdomen and sends me tripping though the portal.

"Please work." I plead, followed by explosions behind me. Most likely the lab. I feel like the Course I was taking separates and I'm catapulted into a different course. I see what looks like a portal arriving towards me quickly approaching until im sent though it.

Suddenly there was fresh air. No wait im in the air! I look below me to see I'm miles in the sky above a lush green landscape and four kingdoms by the looks of it all in separate directions.

"Oh shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiii-"

=================
End of Chapter One.

{And so the story begins, This warrior finds himself now in the lands of gameindustri, who will he befriend, who will his enemies be? See that in the next chapter!}