Ch.15 A Power...

3rd person

Every since the attack on the CPU candidates, they, on compa's wishes resided to the hospital. Max visited every one of them, inspecting the injury, asking them what happened and piecing together a story. After that, He never left the gravity chamber in lastation. Its been five days. No food, No rest.

Max's pov

My training far exceeded what I thought possible but yet, I still have gained no results. Noire trained with me day one but since then I've gone up to 1 million times normal gravity. And it bothers me, my "Ascended form" grows in strength instead of unlocking the next form.

"Author, cut the crap and give me my next form!" I shout.

{.........}

"Don't you dare ignore me! Why!" I fall to the ground. "Why......... I just want the power I need to defeat Tari when she appears."

I stand up, if the Author won't answer me then I'll just have to continue, I've chugged five days and I feel like I can go five more. As if on que, noire appears on monitor.

"Max, I think you should rest, you haven't left that chamber in days. I'm worri-" Noire starts but I cut her off.

"I'm fine noire." I say continuing training.

"Wait, your at 1 million! Max the chamber isn't suppose to go over twenty-five thousand!" Noire warns looking at a screen to her right.

"I've changed that. I know how to remove a limit. I've done that twice." I mutter the last bit.

"But you really should rest, this isn't like you max." Noire said with a worried tone in her voice.

I sigh. "That attack on planeptunes, I know who did it."

"Who?" Noire asks.

"A void that I know, you might have heard of her, her name is Tari." I explain.

"Tari? Wasn't that an old country?" Noire asks.

I nod. "I am over 3000 years old, I helped the rebellion of that country which evolved into the very countries you and the other CPUs own. Tari, was the very first void Lord that I defeated. I ended up making her the laughing stock of the void. An embarrassment. She hates with with every cell of her existence and she is the one who planted that bug on me." I explain.

"She put the bug on you!" Noire loudly asks.

"Yes, and I know she is stronger than me. A-And I... I'm terrified of when I have to face her." I get out.

"Ma-" noire starts but gets cut off.

"Warning, gravity core exceeded max limit. War-" Suddenly the entire machine exploded sending me flying through the wall.

I land into the next wall made out of a concentrated metal and hit the back of my head extremely hard. The last things I see are flames from the gravity chamber and in the distance hear the clicking sound of someone's shoes running. Then everything goes black.

============
3rd person
Location: ????

A boy, around his teen years was on a balcony overlooking a vast landscape of charred ground to his left and an active volcano that never stops flowing to his right. He always wondered how the volcano never stopped flowing but didn't really question it. Not where he is. The void.

It's funny, everyone thought the void was some sort of emptiness that was in between dimensions. But the it wasn't.

"Out here again?" A voice says behind the boy.