Ch.25 Plans For Conquest

3rd person

As Black heart carries Max to the hospital, everyone follows suite quickly. She is quietly cursing this blind sight, not thinking about if the void lords would have acted during this. As they make their way to the hospital, max gives a weak chuckle.

"H-Hey noire, Mind stopping for a moment?" He says weakly.

"Why?!" Black heart demands, worried about his state.

"Hah, ultimate binding should heal me up. But I didnt want to burst into it mid-air, it still takes a couple moments before it kicks in." Max explains, resting against Black heart.

Black heart gives him a bit of a surprised look, but understands and flies down, gently setting max down on his feet. Everyone who was following behind, bizarrely confused at Black Heart's actions, also land.

Max gives a sigh, then he taps into that pool of power that activates Ultimate Binding once again, creating the brilliant golden glow once again. Max takes a couple deep breaths as his wounds miraculous heal within seconds. Max gives a small smile to Black Heart and de-activates the form, cutting back to no form.

"Wait. . . . Is the tournament still going cause I said I wouldnt use ultimate binding during it?" Max jokes to Black heart, realizing what he just did.

Black heart gives a giggle and rolls her eyes. Then a thought came to mind. "Wait, why didn't you use it against the King of the Void?" Black heart asks as everyone gathers around and sees max has recovered.

"Well~, I thought that if I let you guys take on the creatures of the void that it'll help you guys with shares." Max says lightly before getting a bit more serious. "But if a tough void lord looked like he was coming through or Tari, I would have tried to take action. Besides, even if I wanted to, I couldnt focus too much other then believing you guys could handle it." Max explains, but his state is deteriorating as he tries to keep himself awake.

"You okay, max?" Black heart asks.

"Y-Yeah, Ultimate Binding heals wounds, but it doesnt stop exhaustion." Max explains, hardly keeping his eyes open.

"Hey! You were still holding back in our fight!?" Goku exclaims, upset at the fact that max was still holding back.

"Sorry, goku, but its power is much for my liking and I prefer fighting others at a more fair level. Not to mention Black heart forbid me from using it." Max explains.

"Well, glad your alright max." Nepgear says, breathing a sigh of relief. Purple heart gives a slight chuckle.

"Oh, you seem quite worried for max, could you be taking a liking to him?" Purple heart questions her sister.

{Fun fact: I originally thought of having nepgear be the love interest, but decided to pair max up with noire, mainly because of the amount of time he spent there training.(And he landed on her in chapter 4)}

"W-What!? N-No, of course not. Its just. . ." Purple sister stutters for an answer.

Max gives a laugh, "She's just messing with you nepgear." He dismisses.

"I. . . Yeah, okay." Nepgear reluctantly agrees.

Max gives a slight shake of his head before he turns to Black heart. "Hey, noire, I believe that you might need to- oh warrior!" Max suddenly interrupts himself before tripping forward into black heart and falling asleep mid fall.

Black heart, expecting this, catches him quickly and snickers as she picks him up. "I'm going to get max back to lastation, I doubt he'll wake anytime soon." She says as she glances sideways to the others as they give nods of approvals, thumbs ups, and okays.